Sva 15/05/07

nicko

Hi all, just thought I let you know, my SVA is this Tuesday. :bad:

I think I've sorted everything,

1. all edges covered, padded or hidden.

2. Full tank of fuel

3. Support vehicle booked (Thanks Phil)

4. Tracking set (Picked a garage 8miles away!! :wub: )

5. Brakes re-bleed

6. Etc. Etc. Etc. :shok:

Nicko

P.S. Any info on areas I may have missed will be greatfully recieved.

Nicko,

best bet is to look through the recent SVA test reports on what they failed for and double check yours, thats the best way to get a 1st time pass, ask Grizzly

Mitch

Best of luck Nicko. If your self centring is iffy, make sure your front tyres are something like 40psi (pump them up just before the test, I think it would be dodgy to drive on the road at that pressure)- it helped mine loads (I failed on self-centring). Brian

Test is at 8am, that means a 6:30 to 6:40 start. I've already warned some of the neighbours!! The weather reports are looking decidedly wet :( , so it looks like I'll be drying the carpets out for the next few days :cray:

Andy, you're welcome to call round in the afternoon, to see if it's a pass or not.

The only screw heads I think are visible are the ones on the front wings, they're all button heads.

I've taken a few photo's with my phone, but to put them on the PC I need to drop the firewall, so maybe later.

Thanks to all

Nicko

Hi all, got slightly damp (read "wet") on the way there, but mostly dry on the way back. I've only got a small "to do" list (less than 1 page).

Lots of wires fixed with unsuitable fastners (sticky hooks from work)

Rear of heat shield on exhaust needs another fixing on radiused edge

Fog lamp vibrates

Fuel filler not radiused (bottom edge stands a little too proud of bodywork)

Front indicators vibrate

Battery retaining strap conductive and near terminals

Mirrors vibrate

Noisy exhaust

Rear brakes lock up before fronts

Washer required at bottom of upper seat belt anchorage

The only bit that concerns me is the brakes, but I'm sure I'll sort it

Everything else is just a bit of work!! Hopefully before next Thursday (re-test already booked.)

Nicko

P.S. The drive was great fun, even spinning the wheels when leaving the petrol station.

Forgot to say... the home made steering wheel pad passed after a little discussion (a piece of camping mat covered in leather cloth, then fastened on with cable straps)

The passenger side dash lower edge would probable have passed without the extra radiused bit.

I edged the dash with rubber edge trim, then covered with a camping mat, then leather cloth.

Nicko

Guest Dan_Beeston

I was going to suggest the same thing (except for the brakes, not the bread! :p )

If you mount it so you can adjust the angle then just keep tilting the nose down until the rear brakes don't lock before the fronts (I found I had to have my valve at a very shallow angle before this happened)

I can post a pic of my valve installation if it would help?

Cheers,

Dan