Barkston In July

Guest Steve Allen

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ken Brough

Well how's about this for a Kit Car weekend. Sat 21st July Barkston, Sun 22nd July Kit Car Live show Snetterton. Where the hell is Snetterton? Is it far from Barkston? :lol: :lol: :lol: Steve if youv'e got a pass 4 the weekend then you might as well use it to the max :D B)

Might be pushing my luck with the marriage.

Last weekend = Smallways

Friday = 4 new Proxys

This weekend = Silverstone

Next Saturday = Barkstone

Followed by Tan Hill Weekend

I should be there - Turning up on Sat Morning... Is anyone stopping over afterwards on Sat night - Do I bring me tent and do I have to book in???? Advices appreciated as always from those in the know.

Just need to finish some exhaust repairs. this week!!!!!

Guest megablade

The Bristol Boys will be staying Saturday night as well, so bring a snifter and join the fun!!

If I were you I would ring Woodlands Waters and reserve a pitch, but you dont pay until arrival.

Guest Ace Fettler

Greetings everybody,

The "Bristol Massive" run to Barkstone will follow our usual well practiced route i.e. M5, M6, M69, M1, A46, A52. As per usual we will depart Michaelwood Services on the M5 at around 11:15 on Friday morning, pausing at M5 Junc 11 to allow Barry Liles to join the convoy. Stop at Corley Services on the M6 for a spot of luncheon and Megablades usual toilet stop at Leicester Forest East, aiming to arrive at Woodland Waters by mid afternoon. Deploy tentage before cracking open the beers. :D :D

Anyone travelling up on Friday is welcome to join us at any point on the route, please let me know so we can sort out a convienient meeting point and can hang on for you.

Richard

Guest Steve Allen

4 of us from South Yorkshire will be camping on the Friday Night with a few to follow on the Saturday morning. Couple of us though are going to Oulton Park first with the cars on Friday so hope they are still in one piece for Barkston, should be a good round trip, Barnsley - Cheshire - Barkston on Friday. Should stay awake long enough for a few beers around the camp fire when we get there....

It's taken 3 years but tonight I have finally got the car in a godd enough state to take to Barkston. This will be the first time the car has turned a wheel so will be taking things very steady for the whole day.................not. Just hope too many bits don't fall off in the process.

Plan to camp over Friday, but if it's raining that plan may be shelved. Then again, if the rain is as bad as forecast on Saturday I may have to give it a miss totally as towing a car with no windscreen or cover isn't really practical.

Fingers crossed the weather man has got it wrong again!

Disaster!!! - Looks like I wont be coming to Barkston after all!!!!.. Finishing off some exhaust repairs tonight - all sorted and ready to roll when I noticed my minor oil leak has got a bit worse... On closer inspection it seems like I have scraped the sump fairly recently and managed to crack it just under the sump plug....

Apllied some chemical metal as a makeshift repair but alas still seeping through. See if it goes off overnight but I'm not banking on it. dont want to be ragging it round Barkston with a leaky sump...... and i'm sure the rest of you dont want that either :(

Guest Steve Allen

How depressing is this weather, according to the weatherman Fri & Sat is a write off. just feel like going back to bed and wakeing up on Sunday, I have to days booked with the car and yet again weather is cr@p. Shanylegs, you still have one day left to make a roof, bit of plywood and some 4 inch nails should do the job.

Kenny Broughs Formula 27 is'nt finished and the weather forcast is terrible. Barkstone's not looking good unless the sun is cracking the pavements at 6.00 am on Saturday morning. What a summer.

Guest megablade

Now the forecast for Saturday is not too bad! I wish they would make their minds up. That said the last 3 visits have suppsed to be wet, but it seems to miss Barkston.

Now where did I put that prayer mat..........