Barkston In July

Guest Steve Allen

Guest Steve Allen

John/tim, is there going to be another Barkston after the poor attendance previous, I didn't book the second event as i was hoping to be moving house, as this has now been delayed I can now do Barkston if it is still on, also if you need to make up places then as normal, Colin, Duncan, Tony and possibly one or two others will come, maybe should have PM'd in stead of posting on here but job now done.

Steve

Edited by Steve Allen

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to come as well if it's still on and there is space. I've filled out the form - it's sitting on my kitchen table - just need to get around to finding my cheque book!!! Any info John/Tim appreciated. Do I send off cheque?

Guest John Walton

Barkston Two, is 21st July.

Lots of space left, send your forms of to Tim as soon as possible, if you have a friend who wants a thrash, get him along as well.

Given the poor support that this event had at Barkston One this year, it is certainly something that the club is looking at either removing from next years plan or reducing it to one event.

The club lost money on Barkston one, if it does the same on Barkston two I would say that will be the end of it.

This will depend on support for Barkston in July.

But for now, get your names in and lets have another good day

Although 2 years later than originally planned and with 4 wheels still pointing in different directions, I will definitely make this one.

I really can't understand the lack of support for this event. Look at the prices for track days these days with many of them are nearing £250-00 per day, it's an absolute bargain.

For those who have not entertained doing something like this, or have previously been put off, I would strongly recommend having a go. The track is more like a sprint course with a specified start and finish to each lap (You pass through a cool-down section prior to restarting your next lap. Cars are released at specified intervals so there is no danger of a silly idiot taking you out by driving way beyond his abilities, it's just a matter of you testing your car without the constraints of driving on the road.

It's not all about who has the fastest car or best driving skills. For example my main aim is to put some mileage on my car in a safe environment, hopefully ensuring nothing (Major) falls off when I get round to SVA.

Make a weekend out of it, get your tents out and have a few beers on Friday evening. Then enjoy a good days driving with like-minded individuals on the Saturday.

Guest Steve Allen

Lee. sorry but a 2.8 wont fit on the track.... :D

Shandylegs. The country will probably run out of fuel by the time you get that car to a track or on a road for that matter :D :D :D

Tim i will copy my form and pass around

Steve

Guest allenr03

How do these days work and how much do they cost?

I fancy having a go!! What do you need in the way of safety kit?

Cheers

Rich

Guest salty_monk

I am desperately trying to plan a trip to China via UK to correspond with it..... :lol:

If I make it you'll want to stay out of my way... I haven't driven right hand drive since Llandow :lol: :lol:

Guest robin
I am desperately trying to plan a trip to China via UK to correspond with it..... :lol:

If I make it you'll want to stay out of my way... I haven't driven right hand drive since Llandow :lol: :lol:

What will you be driving? A hire car!!! :D They wont be too pleased about the amount of tyre wear in such a short period of time!!

Robin

I am already booked in (and Dad) but we might be bringing the Freestyle for a pre SVA shakedown instead of the Firefox. That should slow us down a bit - Freestyle has 998cc Mini engine pushing out at least 38BHP :yahoo:

I'm booked in too. Can't get too much of a good thing. Might work on a better line through the last corner, one that misses the tyres!

Not yet sorted the front suspension as the new wishbones won't be fitted till next week.

Nigel

Guest salty_monk
What will you be driving? A hire car!!! :D They wont be too pleased about the amount of tyre wear in such a short period of time!!

Robin

Nah.... have staff to look after my 2b.... see below in signature :)

How do these days work and how much do they cost?

I fancy having a go!! What do you need in the way of safety kit?

Cheers

Rich

So is anyone going to tell us ??????????????????????