Barkston In July

Guest Steve Allen

You need fire-resistant overalls, clean natural fibre garage overalls will be fine and a helmet, bike or car. Pay your £45 to Tim, receive your paperwork and rock up at the venue. Briefing, drive some slow familiarisation laps in batches of ten or so behind a pace car to get the feel of the track. Then groups line up and are sent round singly at about 15 second intervals so that there is minimal chance of getting close to any other car while giving it some. The course is a sprint between a start and finish point with a slow return from the finish back to the start line where you go again. Probably have 20 minutes of that then time off for repairs and checking tyres etc. You should get all the driving you want.

Nigel

Sort of goes without saying that a car with engine, brakes, suspension, belts and ARB all to good road going condition are required and a full tank of gas. You don't need competition harnesses or roll over cage to motor sports standards. It is a day for road going cars.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest John Walton

For any further information look up the previous threads for Barkston on the best places to get inexpensive natural fibre overals. This for the hard of thinking indicates NO MAN MADE FIBRES.

Helmet as longboaders says, shoes and gloves are up to you.

Fuel is only a mile away as is a superb campsite.

If you cant find the info you need, give me a call on 07769 717180

Guest Ace Fettler

The usual mob from Bristol will be in attendance camping on Friday and Saturday nights as is now our norm. Megablade has promised not to be so gentle with my car this time in an effort to beat me :D . This is a brilliant event and one not to be missed. Tim and John do great job on the organising and planning side and it would be a shame to lose it from the RHOCAR calendar through lack of support.

Guest megablade

Hopefully Ace won't 'fix' his car to stay in second this time!!!

Agreed the organisation is superb, and if we can travel from Bristol and Longboarder can come from Plymouth what excuse have all you local mob got??

This event is the best value for money you can have with your trousers on......................thinking about it it is the best event you can do :D ;)

If you have never been before, panic ye not. Everyone is friendly, there are no 'clics', and there will be no one near you on the track to hit you. There will be plenty of advise, some of it is even usefull! Just prepare yourself for copious amounts of mickey taking from Tim :huh:

Edited by megablade

Guest Ace Fettler

Pete,

Handbrake now rigged to come on, rev limit of 1000 rpm cuts in at random times and tyre presures auto inflate to 38psi a milisecond before the red light goes out whenever you are behind the wheel out but mysteriously everything returns to normal when its my turn :D:D.

Guest Steve Allen

Tim/John, there will be 5 this time coming down from South Yorkshire, I will post 3 of them off tomorrow, Shandylegs and Colin's will follow later this week.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Takumi

Just out of curiosity, and due to the fact I cant find my Rhocar spring 07 mag...

When is the next Barkston Event after July, sept time..?

atb

tak

The uptake of places at Llandow last year was moderate as was the first Barkstone this year. Not enough Hoodies are attending these events to make them sustainable in the long term. There is no further track event planned for later this year and John cannot be expected to put in the organisational effort if people don't take it up. Use it or loose it as the Yanks say.

Nigel

Guest Bob's Babe

There are now quite a few attending Barkston in july. i'll get Tim to have a look over the weekend and confirm names and numbers attending

SUE

How finnished does the car need to be ?

Do you need lights, SVA type trimming, boot cover or is it a case of just engine brakes and steering.

Just asking cause it a good chance to give the car a shake down and boost moral.

Steve

Guest Steve Allen

it doesn't need to be SVA'D or MOT'd so should be okay as long as it's safe and doesn't spit oil out all over the track. and of coarse it's slower than my car