Breakdown Troubles

Guest turbo

The faces of the gearbox flange and diff flange should be parallel viewed from the side and viewed from above. Could be done with a spirit level or inclinometer for measuring the vertical angles but can't see an easy way of checking horizontal alignment.

Nigel

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest salty_monk

Just thinking aloud... what about some 3 or 4" drain pipe cut to length with faced ends (90 degrees) or even a length of wood cut to length.

Would take 2 peops to hold & adjust but should give pretty accurate indication of whether it's parallel or not......

Dan :)

not sure if im getting paraniod, but been out in mine today, and when coming off the accelerator and-or pressing clutch iim getting a knock,

think its been there for a while, but i think i may need a prop too,cant be too careful, legs are worth more than a prop

as a matter of interest is there any link in the year of kits on the ones which failed or mileage/time past.

mine is a Dec 2001 kit and ive done about 23k since passing sva

Mitch

Guest salty_monk

That could be a lot more than the prop.... How are your engine mounts? How are your gearbox mounts etc etc.

Don't want to "poo poo" the idea but the number of failures we've seen hardly accounts to an epidemic......

Dan :)