Sva Passed Today!

Guest Dee Jay

Guest Dee Jay

SVA test passed today, 3rd attempt and what a relief, passed DVLA on way home so popped in but they would not do build up inspection while I wait, sorted all documentation out though.

On the road soon!!

Dave

Guest Dee Jay

It's a good feeling, and fair play to the guy's at Avonmouth VOSA they did us proud, very helpful and loads of encouagement. You just have to treat them with a bit of respect I think which from what they said to us some kit builders dont have, at the end of the day they are just doing their job.

Dave

well done dave

as you say they are only doing their job.

and it keeps us and the other road users safer than it used to be.

well done and enjoy the grin .

regards graham

congrats, i passed recently too. Just wanted to remind you to make sure you have the chassis number stamped somewhere permenant (if you haven't already) as i forgot and ended up going back and forth to the dvla with bits of paper etc, which was a good excuse to drive the car but not really where i wanted to end up each time :D oh the dvla man is far more scary than the vosa guys if you ask me. I wasn't sure that he was going to give me an age related plate till the last minute, don't worry though he did in the end.

have fun driving

Guest Dee Jay
congrats, i passed recently too. Just wanted to remind you to make sure you have the chassis number stamped somewhere permenant (if you haven't already) as i forgot and ended up going back and forth to the dvla with bits of paper etc, which was a good excuse to drive the car but not really where i wanted to end up each time :D oh the dvla man is far more scary than the vosa guys if you ask me. I wasn't sure that he was going to give me an age related plate till the last minute, don't worry though he did in the end.

have fun driving

Hi, I got my MAC on thursday and dropped documents into DVLA on the way home at Stoke Gifford, how long before you got your build up inspection apointment and registration number etc?

Also what things did they check at DVLA?

Dave

Hi, I got my MAC on thursday and dropped documents into DVLA on the way home at Stoke Gifford, how long before you got your build up inspection apointment and registration number etc?

Also what things did they check at DVLA?

Dave

Hi, i hassled them (in a nice way) to get registered as my insurance with osbornes and sons only lasted 2 weeks !!! from the date i started which included the sva test. I managed to get past sva in 1 week. failed on the thursday - booked for retest the next wednesday and thankfully passed. Went to DVLA on that friday and filled in lots of stuff and booked inspection for the next thursday (the chap only worked on thursday in the office at bristol) had to attach an extra chassis number as i only had a riveted plate which wasn't good enough, so i got a garage to inspect and stamp a form to say it had been done. Returned the form on the friday and then had to wait til the next wednesday to get the reg number. so all in it took 21 day/3 weeks from start of sva to on the road. thankfully the insurance had got my address wrong so i managed to wangle that extra week with no probs as i couldn't register without certificate. If you have your chassis number attached correctly and your insurance cert then you should be able to get it sooner.

the chap at bristol didn't really look at much and was stone faced and had little interest in the car, hope you get someone better. He checked the engine number and the chassis number and that was about it but asked about the axles etc being from the seirra.

I can't understand why vosa couldn't do a check at the sva test time to say that the car is new/age-related or Q plate so we don't have to pay a grumpy man at dvla with a torch to inspect my car for 5 mins. :rolleyes: rant over

Hope that helps, feel free to ask if you need anything else.

Guest allenr03

DVLA - Don't get me started...............

I heard that they were going to start doing the built up inspections at the same time as SVA (according to the built up inspector at Worcester) since all they are interested in is ascertaining the origin of the car so that they can assign the correct registration. Then you only have to deal with those really helpful people behind the glass screens (I know why they are there now! - labour turnover would be high if they weren't.)

Rich