Seat Runners

Snapperpaul

I have picked up a set of Midland wheels ,Cobra replicar seats, not up to the standards of the Cobra's but for £100 a good buy.

However my seat runners from a set of RHE supplied recaro's have the slide mechanism on top and they wont fit my seats as there is a big metal tube in the way.

Packing them out to fit would raise my seats to high.

My question....... What low level seat runners have people used and where did you get them?

I bought a pair of Recaro seat runners off ebay for my Cobra 7 seats £15.00 if i remember correctly and they where nearly new , i ended up having to use 15mm spacers all round to clear rear subframe fixing bolts , this also helped clear the adjusting lever at the front of the seats from the carpet , plus added another 15mm spacer to the front of the seats to kick them back a wee bit , hope this helps .

regards

mike

I got some very low profile (c.20mm) runners from Intatrim in Telford. They make seats so I guess they buy in the runners, but I don’t know where from. By using some box section under them at the front, I angled the seat just how I wanted. Don’t know if I got unlucky, but the runners I’ve got have got quite a bit of play in them, so the seat can rock forwards and backwards a little. HTH, Brian