Moral Dilema

Guest Eric

:huh:

a bit of a dilema, unsure what to do

long story short

friday A1 south got rear ended

didn't seem much if any damage at time( he slammed into the landcruiser's towbar)

sat, had to take tracey to a&e, in considerable pain, whiplash injury!

is it worth persuing an injury claim, i've personally always been against this compensation culture, but

seeing my other half in this much distress has got me pretty pi**ed :aggressive:

what do you guys think?

(i'm also a bit stiff across shoulders and neck,but i'm not bothered about me)

ek B)

Guest Ian & Carole
Eric

I'm with Baz on this one, I also am against the compensation culture as there seems to be so many bogus claims but in this genuine case go for it.

Me to

If it was the other way round they would be claiming off you.

Just don't wait too long setting the ball rolling.

Hope Tracey, and you of course, are both OK and Tracey makes a full and rapid recovery.

Carole & Ian

Could be as long as 2 years to settle and the lawers will make twice what you do but thats the game, you will be offered about £3,000 but will probable settle at £5,000.

make sure you get the medical records with Wiplash written on them, available via freedom of info act if there is any problem.

if someone in injured, i"d go for it. same thing happened my wife, she was rear ended (no dirty thoughts please ?) she did"nt have any pain, untill about six weeks later ?

Many years ago we where in a collision between two lorries , yes we where the meat in the sandwich on a down hill section in Epping Forest , when one lorries brakes failed , it was fully loaded with grain , i saw it coming and watched in horror as it hit us forcing our car under the Ford lorry in front which was stationery , my mother had hit her head on the screen . There was a settlement but regretably my father agreed on a full and final settlement, case closed as they would not agree to leaving the case open pending further problems . Some time later doctors diagnosed MS and stated that the accident could have contrubited to her present condition . What i am trying to say do not ever grab the money if offered without taking everything into concideration as my father always regretted taking the payout .

Mike

Hi Eric

I would pursue the matter. I don't want to appear alarmist, but I've seen whiplash injuries which can cause pain for several months, even with minor shunts. Hopefully you and your better half will be fine in a few days, but I'd say it's worth getting the ball rolling... Probably worth you getting checked out too - just to be on the safe side? Even if it's just for your own peace of mind in case any pain comes back later, at least you'll have it on record.

Guest mreeves

I was hit by a lorry about 6 yrs ago, both my wife and I suffered minor injurys, and whilst I am now fine my wife still suffers from neck and shoulder pain which keeps her up at night. We did claim at the time, it took 3 yrs to get the money from the insurance company but no money is enough when you have to see you wife go through pain caused by another person.

Good luck mate...

Matthew

Sorry to hear about this. Hope you're both OK and that there's no long-term repercussions.

I understand how you feel morally about this, but as Richard has pointed out, that's what the system is there for - Go for it.

Guest salty_monk

£5,000.... that'll buy a few new parts for the hood ;) :lol: You're bound to break something in the next two years.... :wub:

Hope she feels better soon. I too would put in a claim in your case.

Dan :)