Lights Catch Nose Cone

Guest MARK CURTIS

Guest MARK CURTIS

Hello,

Took the new bought hood for a spin the other night and noticed my lights were pointing at the moon! tried to adjust them up but wont as they are to close to the nose cone has anybody else had this trouble? are there any adjustments brackets etc or do i just make my own? pics if poss

Thanks guys.

Hi i assume you have a 2b. There are a few pics of my car on this thread (quite far down the page) which hopefully show you where my lights are in relation to the nose cone.

http://community.rhocar.org/index.php?show...&hl=scuttle

If you could post some pics of the problem it may help. Are the lights the same as on my pics? Just wondering if they are different as they may sit in a different place. One last thought, are the light units in the correct way up ? Hope this helps.

Guest chris brown
Hello,

Took the new bought hood for a spin the other night and noticed my lights were pointing at the moon! tried to adjust them up but wont as they are to close to the nose cone has anybody else had this trouble? are there any adjustments brackets etc or do i just make my own? pics if poss

Thanks guys.

As Zed says it is difficult to give an answer without a photo but the 2B (wishbone) should have couple of inches clearance between the nosecone and the lamps The 2 photos have 5.75" lamps fitted but as you can see even with 7" they would only be about 5/8" closer.

Guest salty_monk

I had some kind of clearance issue on the black one from memory.... Try putting some thick spacers underneath to lift it up a bit. Mine are 1/2" from memory.

Dan :)

Guest MARK CURTIS
I think I see what the issue is that you have, but would it be possible to provide some more close-up photos please?

We may well be than able to suggest some 'modifications'.

Yeah will do i will get some and post tomorrow

Thanks

Guest robinj66

On my S7 the headlamps sit on brackets as seen ion this pic..... you can just see that i drilled a new hole closer to the outside edge of the top of the mount and the nose no longer catches the lamps

Guest MARK CURTIS

Dont mean to sound thick but what is the car? the person i bought it off had no info and really didnt know what it was. im new to this but always wanted one saw it right price bought it and so on just needs a bit of refining etc....

I have attached pics of light front nose cone not on at mo as im stripping it down to clean check etc hope you can help me..

Thanks Guys

post-2822-1196949226_thumb.jpg

post-2822-1196949236_thumb.jpg

Guest MARK CURTIS
Hi Mark

Like Grim says it looks like an early Cortina base S7

Look on the N/East web site. Link here

http://nw.rhocar.org/identification.htm

might just help with you i/ding your car.

Ian J

Hello, Ian

Thanks for that i see now its a S7

On a another subject wheres my nearest club meet as i am keen to meet you guys you sound to know what you are on about! Im from in between york and hull im now a member but it seems a long way for me to go to near teeside!