Welsh Help Required

Guest Tim Norman

Guest Tim Norman

People

I have had the the following request for help

Hi Tim

I am contacting you on behalf of the South Wales Kit Car Club. We have acquired a kit for a Series 3 Robin Hood and a Ford Sierra donor car. The kit was donated by the mother of a young man who died before he was able to start building it and it is about 10 years old, as she has not been able to part with it until now. We have managed to get the donor car and are building the Robin Hood to raise funds for charity. We shall split the proceeds equally between the Children's Hospice in Wales (Ty Hafan), which is the club's nominated charity and the mother's charity, which is the hospital where her son was treated.

We should be most grateful if you could help us in any way, in particular with obtaining a demonstration video of how to build the car. Unfortunately, the build manual and video were not with the kit when it was collected and, although there are club members who have built this kit before, they no longer have the information. Our club stretches across the whole of South Wales and we would like to show the video at one of our meetings to help us to co-ordinate the build, as the work is being undertaken at several different sites by different members. We are hoping the car will be ready before the summer and would be most grateful for any advice and support you can give us.

I am E-mailing you from my works address, as we are about to change our internet provider at home and I would not like to lose contact. I hope you don't mind us getting in touch with you.

Many thanks, for considering our request.

Best wishes

Lynwen Sly

Mrs. Lynwen Sly

I've had a request to burn (yet another) set of Build Videos onto DVD this morning from a Newbie member.

I'm more than happy to burn a second set for this cause.

I'll need an address to send them to when they're ready, which should be in the next day or two.

Steve its a series 3 not a 2b

Dave

Hi Dave,

Yes but my kit is from 2004 and the Build Videos seemingly hadn't been updated/changed by then.

Front suspension assembly 'guidelines' is pre-wishbone.

Oh heck! Are other things different too?

Steve.

Guest Bob's Babe

Is there a build diary or photos on the web of a member we could let them know about.....you obviously realise that I'm never going to know about them if they are on here!!

SUE

Guest alexgrattan

Tim, do you have the e-mail address for Lynwen? I sold my Series 3 earlier in the year but have a copy of the build manual and various bits which might be of use... I'd be happy to give them some time..

Alex

Guest erichetherington

I've got the videos and, probably, the nearest to them as I live in South Wales. Feel free to pass my details on if you wish.

Eric

Oh and I'm still building mine so theirs might be finished first!

i have a set of 2b videos they can have if they are of any use. also i'm not sure if this is appropriate but do you think that it might be suitable fore the club to make a small donation to the build fund or the cause? it might even be an opportunity for GBS to donate parts, or even just offer assistance?

just a thought.

Guest salty_monk

GBS should sponsor it & get their decals on it for when it's auctioned off. Cheap advertising, good feel good factor etc etc. Bet it would get good magazine coverage, especially if it was auctioned on their stand at one of the shows.

Dan :)