Retirement

Guest Ian & Carole

Guest Ian & Carole

Well after months of humming ^_^ and arring :huh: I finally took the plunge and told the "Hotel Manager" I wanted to retire :yahoo: .

Having been locked up for almost 26 years now :o I feel the need to meet more nice people like you lot. :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Any way things went slightly not as I had planed but they will do for a while. B) :huh:

I formally retire on 6th April this year, but start back in my own job as a "re-employed pensioner" ,not bad at 55yrs I supose, doing 19 1/2 hours a week on 7th April.

So I will earn half of what I used to earn on the 6th and will sponge the rest out of Gordon Browns pot on the 7th :rolleyes:

Seems like a good deal to me and the bank manager quite likes it.

Supose I will have to start the decorating now :sorry:

See some of you at the shows.

I will be the one with the relaxed look and huge smile. :D :D

Ian J

Congratulations Ian,

have a very happy semi-retirement, see you at the shows (hopefully if things here work too)

enjoy you freedom, shame your side dont get as many perks as the guests

Mitch

Well done Ian,

I can thoroughly recommend it, I don't have the shorter hours like you but the relaxation of a semi retirement is brill.

After 35 years of it, I have taken another 4 to properly slow down and rediscover the right gear to be in.

Enjoy :D :D :D

Guest craig030774

wow you can now enjoy winter in spain for a couple of hundred quid , my parents went to benidorm for a month in jan all inclusive at a top hotel for £900 all inand they got £200 from goverment to pay for the heaTING

Guest chris brown

Welcome to the "club" Ian. I've been doing the same for a few years now and can recommend it. :p My only problem is where does all this so called extra time off go?

:rolleyes: Well done Ian, after about 3 days of wondering what to do with all the extra "free time" you'll find you haven't got any - in fact you'll wonder how on earth you fitted work in. All the best working at what you want to do.Regards Bob - 3 years of retirement & counting. :yahoo:

Congratulations Ian, try going back as a "consultant", half the work, twice the pay ;)

come off it Steve, you can't call what you do "work"

besides , it's your own fault, what do you expect being employed by the mafia :p

ek B)

Good move Ian, seems the tribe don't want to let you go though.

Back part time sounds good to me. Wind down slowly ready for the onslaught of full retirement!

I was given the key on December 31st but they kept on moving the door so I couldn't use it.

Eventually gave in and back on a 6month contract from Jan 2nd.

Finish just in time for the summer!

Newark is just up the road.

Are you ready for some runouts?