Peugeot Mi16 Setup

Jon Green

:huh: Hi chaps,

Some time ago I posted a question about using a Peugeot MI16 engine in my 2b and I was told I was on my own. Well now I’ve got an Mi16 engine sitting on my garage floor with a full wiring loom and ECU. I need to test the RHOCAR memory banks. The only bit that I’m missing is a gearbox! Quite an important element! After a lot of surfing searching for a suitable box I think I may have found the answer. Am I right that the ford sierra was fitted with a 2.3lt diesel that happened to be made by Peugeot? Is this block the same as the early MI16 Aluminum block? Might the two just slide together without the need for adaptor plates, head scratching or grinding of teeth?

Any help appreciated!!

cheers Jon Green

Jon

Have a look at www.locostbuilders.co.uk and type peugeot engines into the search box and you might find some useful info. Quote

"Also someone on here said that the Mi16 will bolt up to a SD1 gearbox using a LDV Pilot van bellhousing"

Barry.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys. Im going to source a LDV bell housing and SD1 type gearbox. One day I may get the MI16 engine fitted but for now im going to go for the SVA with a pinto. Cheers for the advice.

There was a reference a week or so ago on locost builders site of a foundry who would cast a one off bellhousing if you supplied a bellhousing for the engine and one for the gearbox and a measurement of the depth. I guess you would also need to accurately show crank and gearbox input shaft centres and produce some cash. Don't know if they have done it before or are just willing to have a go!

Foundry Workshop

Melvyn Cockell

Unit TC10, Elm Estates

Elm Court

Capstone Road

Gillingham

Kent

ME7 3JQ

Nigel