Robin Hood Caterham Chassis Photo Help

Guest RH CAT 7

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Toejam

When you add a post there is an upload function just below the window you type it.

Click on the 'Browse' button to pick a file, then upload..........

If it's a picture check THIS LINK first

Edited by Toejam

Use the attachments section under a post reply (not fast reply) area as shown on my attachement. You have to mahe sure that you file is small enough to fit though (Space used is on the left, and maximum size of a single attachment just udner browse)

post-2-1204492318_thumb.jpg

Probably the picture file was to large to upload.

Matt has a picture sizer or you could open your photo on your computer then...

File... save as.... web.. save to your photo folder.

oper RHOCAR .. go to post... reply...add text.. go to Browse look for web photo... upload..... add reply.

I hope this works.

Guest ScotMac

Sorry, don't mean to be answering for Graham (I'm sure he'll be along at some point). But, yes, it is interesting. What is it? Looks like a monocoque. S7? Holes for the front suspension look interesting. Got a direct picture of them?

If you mean does it look a bit like a l/w...and could it have been the model that Tricky Dick based the l/w on? The answers are : yes and yes. But they both could just be similar to the original lotus 7, dimension wise. In fact, i think the magic 42" width of the l/w is from a lotus 7...or is it from a locost...or both? :unsure:

Edited by ScotMac

Guest outtolunch

and yet the engine bay looks like it may be from a monocoque as it has the wide top edges where the steel folds over and the cabin sides apear to be made with thinner tube tack welded to the side to give a wider cabin so it may be a monocoque / chassis cross

Guest timswait

I think it's a monocoque, you can't see any tubes in the foot well area on the body sides. I think the square tubes in the rear wheel arch are just extra reinforcement. Is it my imagination or did RH produce a moncoque tub for re-shelling Lotus / Caterham 7's? Or was that just that lightweight builder who registered it as a Lotus 7?