Seat Belt Mountings

E.Hunt

now fitting the seat belt harnesses and the bolts that came with the belts are just the right size for the holes with no space for any top hats.

Can they be bolted sold to the chassis or have the belts got to able rotate for the SVA

Guest Tweedy

Hi,I think you must fit the top hats.Can you shorten the tube below so that the bolts you have are long enough?The RH bolts are 7/16" dia and I think that a 12mm will not go through.You may get away with 10mm (8.8)but the inspector may not be happy.

You must have the top hats as without them the belt brackets cannot move and this will result in the seat belt material wearing at this point very quickly.

I wouldn't consider shortening the mounting tube - the supplied bolts are fine for the lower mountings but you will need to buy four new bolts for the top mountings. These are 7/16 UNF I think (8.8 hardened steel) - I managed to source some locally for about a pound each.

Guest chris brown
found some inserts to fit with 10MM bolts (all 8.8 marked) all swivels well.

thanks everyone :)

You may get away with 10mm bolts but if the inspector notices them he will fail them as being too small as Craig says 7/16 is the min size they can be and even on modern tin tops that are all metric nuts and bolts the seat belt bolts are still 7/16 thread normally with a 17mm across the flats head