Gbs Inlet Manifold For Pinto To Bike Carb

Guest craig030774

I have a set of GSXR 600 carbs I am thinking of fitting to mine - I also have a set of twin 40 Solex carbs but I am not sure which way to go? I need a manifold for the bike carbs can I ask how much the manifold was?

I think twin sidedraught solex carbs are always going to give more trouble than they are worth. Problems finding someone who knows how to tune them, jets etc. Bike carbs are so easy by comparison, lots of good information available, cheap and stay in tune better than any sidedraughts and just as good performance. I would go with them or injection for best performance and minimum maintenance.

Nigel

Guest DoLittle52
I think twin sidedraught solex carbs are always going to give more trouble than they are worth. Problems finding someone who knows how to tune them, jets etc. Bike carbs are so easy by comparison, lots of good information available, cheap and stay in tune better than any sidedraughts and just as good performance. I would go with them or injection for best performance and minimum maintenance.

Nigel

Make sure that the carbs work together (synchronized)

Learn to read spark plug coloring. You can also buy an oxygen sensor that will give you a mixture reading.

Learn where each jet circuit, start, idle, mid range and wide open throttle, opens in terms of engine rpm and change the needles and jets accordingly.

Generally all the jet circuits are open during WOT so keep that in mind.

• 2 months later...
Guest AndrewH

Help please.

I have purchased the motorcycle carbs from GBS and they look really good. I have them made with a brake servo hose fitting on the fourth inlet, but am a little stuck on how to go get air into the dizzy and to link in the crankcase ventilation - their is no obvious place to link these in.

I am assuming the hose point between the 2nd and 3rd is for air intake.

Thanks a lot.

A

The pipe between 2 and 3 is for water . For vacuum some have done a 4 into 1 i got my dizzy modified to full mechanical

advance £80.00 full details on the north west site and of how to do it yourself . Breather goes to a catch tank.

dave

Guest thegrowler

Hi Craig

I am looking to fit bike carbs to my 2.0l pinto where can i get hold of one of these GBS inlet manifolds? What bike carbs do you recommend? Are they easy to fit?

Regards Matt

Guest chris brown
Hi Craig

I am looking to fit bike carbs to my 2.0l pinto where can i get hold of one of these GBS inlet manifolds? What bike carbs do you recommend? Are they easy to fit?

Regards Matt

Try GBS they were doing carbs with there manifold for a good price at Stoneleigh

Guest AndrewH

Thanks,

Yep agree pipe between 2 and 3 on the manifold is for cooling, but there is an inlet on the metal fabricated plate which the filter is bolted to which is air intake and I thought I may be able to use this but my thoughts are that this is for air inlet into the carb.

I would be grateful if you can describe to me the catch tank arrangement please.

Finally, I don't really want to reset my dizzy as the car has been running really smoothly I wonder whether an alternative would be to put a 't' connector into the hose running to the brake servo and take the spur to the dizzy? will this work or will it reduce the vaccum on the servo?

For anyone wanting to purchase the complete carb set up it can be found on the new kit parts direct site by GBS.

cheers

A

Guest craig030774
Help please.

I have purchased the motorcycle carbs from GBS and they look really good. I have them made with a brake servo hose fitting on the fourth inlet, but am a little stuck on how to go get air into the dizzy and to link in the crankcase ventilation - their is no obvious place to link these in.

I am assuming the hose point between the 2nd and 3rd is for air intake.

Thanks a lot.

A

the pipe between 2 &3 is a vent

dont bother with crankcase ventillation it will screw your servo suction instead put it into a catch tank

as for dizzy i have 4 take offs to a vaccuum chamber which does the servo and dizzy ( also did crankcase but never worked well)