Willing Volunteers?

Al Milton

Hi Joe,

You're more than welcome mate.

My build will probably finished just after yours then, haha! If there is any thing I can help out on, just give me a shout. Not sure how much help i'll be, but as the advert says, every little helps.

Spent most of today on the car, only got as far as grinding welds smooth on the scuttle and upgraded the standard RH supplied Sierra steering shaft bearing with the split 'captive' bearing. I have to say, this feels a lot better and more solid now, but took me about 5 hours!!

Cheers

Al

Hi All,

Thanks to those who have offered help, (Gavin, Robin, Bob and Joe), for the 1st June. As a starting point, as suggested by Bob, here is a small list of problems, in no particular order:

Brake pipe installation (I have braided hoses to replace the RH supplied flexis, but I need to change 1 fitting on each front copper pipe. I have these fittings, but do not have a flaring tool / cutter. If someone has these could they bring down, failing that i'll pop into a garage and ask nicely - sod it, i'll do this anyway)

Rear crescent and arches fitting

Nosecone infill panels fitting

Fuel pipe install (i'll bin the RH supplied pipe and get copper pipe alternative from Tifosi or whoever it is that suplies this)

Anything else if time / motivation / butties / nattering allow!!

I have ground smooth the welds on the scuttle and plan to make a scuttle 'dummy' plate, as others have done, that will remain in place to fit the 'ancillaries' to. Don't know how far i'll get with this, but I hope to have this ready to fit.

Does this all sound a little ambitious guys, or is this realistic for a day? Comments welcomed. If there are special dietry needs, i.e. gluten / wheat allergies, vegetarian etc, then please let me know so that we can get the right grub in.

Cheers

Al

Hi Al

A local refrigeration parts supplier or installer is a good source for solid drawn copper pipe for fuel lines as they stock all sizes , if a local motor factors can't help you , thats where i got some from a while ago .

Mike

8mm micro bore copper pipe from plumbers merchants is ideal for fuel lines and nice and cheap too.

you should get a decent chunk of your jobs list finished in the day, if not i'm sure the troops will rally round again.

good luck

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

Just a reminder to see if you are still OK for the 1st June, (Gavin, Robin, Bob and Joe)?

If so, brilliant, i'll PM you all with my contact details & address.

Cheers

Al

PS Copper fuel line kit arrived from Tifosi. Haven't got round to the dummy scuttle, or remote filter fitting, but the Bank Holiday looms.......

Guest gavinc

hi al

yes i am still up for it....

providing work dont throw the preverbial spanner in the works..

let me know your details and i will see you soon...

Hi All,

Just fitted the Gaz shocks that I have had for three years to the rear, with some brackets I purchased from Dredd yonks ago. I have bolted these in place temporarily, (am waiting for some 8.8 grade stainless bolts from work, only have A2-70 at present), but i'm not really happy and confident with this.

Would welded brackets be a better option, and if so does someone who is coming down next week have a portable welder they could bring if the general consensus is the same as my thoughts? The brackets are currently zinc plated, but I could grind this off in readiness for welding.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Al

Guest robinj66

Yep - I'm still up for it.. I can bring the welder - will try and borrow a proper flaring tool as well but I'm not sure it will do the larger fuel pipes. If not, we'll have to make do with a cheapy hand held one but they're not brilliant.

Hi Robin,

Thanks for the welder. Won't need the flaring tool as the fuel pipes are anodised jubilee clipped to flexis and I am popping into a local garage this week to get the front pipe connectors changed so that they will fit to the braided pipes I have.

I'll PM you my contact details.

Cheers

Al

Is everyone OK with a kick-off time of 10.30ish (or when you can make it), and have you all got my contact details? I can send out directions / map if required, let me know.