Summer Headwear

Guest Jabberwocky

Guest salty_monk

hehe I've noticed that with my glasses a few times.....

I usually just wear wrap around shades & a baseball cap done up tight or just shades.

Dan :)

Have a look at suppliers of safety glasses, They're very fashionable these days as well as being good at protection.

Some examples here.

http://www.arco.co.uk/textsearch?catid=-8884

Barry

Hi All,

I fancied the "Peltor Metaliks" but couldn't deal with ARCO.

They wanted the usual P+P but also an additional £8 approx, as the order was under £75 !

Did a search on Google and came up with these:

Peltor Metaliks Sport Safety Spectacles Blue Mirror Lens

Free P+P too - Bargain. B)

Guest mower man
Except for Robin Hood

Hi in my opinion anybody driving anything without a LAMINATED screen is asking to lose their sight .Meet me at Stoneliegh and Iwill show you why! MOWERMAN

what windscreens are not laminated ? i thought they were all laminated now. Didnt think it would pass SVA without.

oh and those safety glasses are sweet and sooo cheap!!

Edited by agent_zed

what windscreens are not laminated ? i thought they were all laminated now. Didnt think it would pass SVA without.

Your Robin hood the standard ones are toughened

Dave

Guest chris brown

Toughened glass is still legal, and as far as I know there has never been any talk about making it otherwise. Let’s face it all side and rear glass is toughened in virtually all production cars. That is why it is not recommended to use polarised shades when driving

Whilst I agree that laminated is better (and I know, I had a toughened screen shatter on me many years ago) toughened screens are still legal, provided they have the Kite Mark. You need this Kite Mark for SVA. If you get hold of a laminated screen and fit this instead and it's not Kite Marked, you'll fail SVA.

Quote from Grizzly Post

Hi All,

I fancied the "Peltor Metaliks" but couldn't deal with ARCO.

They wanted the usual P+P but also an additional £8 approx, as the order was under £75 !

Did a search on Google and came up with these:

Peltor Metaliks Sport Safety Spectacles Blue Mirror Lens http://www.positivehands.co.uk/products/pr...300/3C3300.html

Free P+P too - Bargain.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just received a couple of pairs and suprise suprise came straight from ARCO , that gets around having to have an account with them and cheaper this way too , great price £12.01 for two pairs .

Well pleased

Mike