Birthday Lineup

Mat-Moo

Guest Stuart Ainslie

Mat,

It would be interesting to find the average age of the RH builders on the forum - seems that there are several in their mid-thirties (Early mid-life crisis, a need for toys???).

Stuart.

Guest GeordieJim

I am 31, so it could well be a mid life crisis! It does seem that there is a fair few ex-motor cyclists out there. Is this a common theme? I got rid of mine coz it was too bloody dangerous and then felt the need for speed.

Guest Stuart Ainslie

Jim,

I'm 32 with a big mortgage and kids, all the good cars have gone (Porsche 928 S2, TVR etc.), still ride a motorbike though but only to get into and out of London for the 9 to 5 grind.

Needed a new toy to keep me sane....

Stuart.

I'm 29 on Sunday. Not quite at the mid-life crisis stage. That said my wife is dreading it if I do get there. Having had lots of bits for my 2B last birthday this year I wanted something different . . . and then I found this on ebay and just couldn't resist!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...tegory=359&rd=1

Any neighbours who didn't appreciate the scrap Sierra on the driveway had better get themselves some ear plugs asap.

Ant

Guest Phil Slater

48. Ex biker - though I came to that later in life, ie my mid thirties, so maybe that was my mid life crisis!!!

A mate of mine bought a ready made Marlin Berlinetta and invited me along to the Exeter Kit car show, I think maybe 6 years ago next weekend, and I thought now I know what I'm going to do if/when I get fed up with my GTR1000. So two or three years back when I sold the bike, because of lack of use, I put the money to one side, saved up some more, and on the 30 November last year picked up 2B kit.

And the rest is history...............brain fatigue............. pain............. bruised and bleeding knuckles.......... frustration............. anguish............ aggravation ........... and most of all bloody good fun with the hope of even more when it's finshed :p

Phil Slater

25. Went to France with a group of Hoodies. Had a drive whilst in France. Got bit by the bug. :ph34r:

Bought a very basic already built kit from a friend of the hoddies I went with and now putting my time into improving the car and making it my own.

At least I get to drive the car about inbetween improvements, I just haven't got the satisfaction of doing the build myself.

When I've done everything with this one maybe i'll build from scratch. :D

Must admit,Three years ago i had never heard of RHE. Then on a trip to the Harrogate Kit Car show (with a friend who dreamed of owning a Cobra) and came accross Richards stand.I got all the info went away to think it over (convince wife)

Then i came across a Hoodie at a local car meet (hi Stottie) who in vited me to another localish show where the NW Hoods were going the day after.Spoke to the owners of various models and decided i can do that :rolleyes:

I have now had my hood on the road since march, done nearly 5k miles and still get a kick out of every mile i drive in it. :D :D

And the friend who loved Cobras so much now drives a RH aswell.

Thanks for the birthday wish's. now off to celebrate my mid life crisis :D

Mitch

40 (39 when I started) Been a biker for 24 years :( that long....I wanted to build a Lambo but decided it was too difficult (how many have you seen built?)...Cobra was too expensive...

Then I saw one of those RHE 8 page brochures...I liked the fact that RH didn't produce a flashy brochure with naked women all over it :rolleyes: the prices were reasonable too, then I lost my job so I had the time :D

Should be on the road for next summer :) :D :lol: :p

Dave

Guest The Rev

Glad to see Phil is 48 as I will hit this in January. Hearing about everyone's ages I was begining to think it was a zimmer frame I should have got rather than a 2b frame!

Still got my motorbike and like one of the previous entries my 2b was acquired ready built. I'm, pleased with the build, but still hope to "tinker" in between drives...best of both worlds?

Rennie ;)

Guest Charles B

I'm 41 now, I built a Dutton Phaeton over twenty years ago, it was the best way to learn about cars. There was no internet then, so I was on my own. Building my 2B now has been particularly enjoyable when I can see how everyone else is doing. Keep on posting!

Guest Battery Bill

I'm 42 and Joey's 12,

None of us had any ideas re kit cars till a bloke at work showed us the RH booklet.

£1000 for a car wow :o I sent Joey a text and he wanted to buy one straight away. ;) and we went to Mansfield that weekend and ordered our 2B (Bit more than £1k though) And we have been bonding ever since, "Except when he locked the keys in the boot at Harrogate though. :angry:

Happy birthday to all the youngsters celebrating today. :D :D