Barkston - May 10th - The Day

Guest John Walton

Guest John Walton

For all of you who missed it

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

Warm and sunny with the drivers the same. B)

Parking was a mess and some cars were dirty and not organised by colour, but a great time was had by all.

The new electronic timing, computer, sofware and its operator had a few wobbles, but we got there in the end.

We had the results of 3 timed runs, even though it took 5 runs to get them. :huh:

Darren Berris, Clerk of Course has passed on his apolgies. :unsure:

A couple of close moments for some people but no really dead cars, just a couple need a bit of a fettle. :blush:

No rolling and the local hedges and ditches were not troubled. ;)

The RAFMSA booked Gerhard And his Burger van, but he failed to show up :(

Predictablt the bike engine boys and those running List 1B tyres did well.

Congratulations to;

1st John Proctor, BEC MK

2nd Richard Hanks, BEC Westy (Bristol Massive)

3rd Steve Allen, Westy

From the book of 'Racing Drivers' Excuses heard on day.

Tyres;

To cold

To hot

Pressure to hight

Pressure to low

Suspension;

To hard

To soft

Steering;

Not enough

To Much

Brakes;

Pads not bedded in

Pads worn

Fading

to sharp

Fuel;

To much

To Little

:D :D :D :D :D :D

I will add more detail in the next couple of days.

Thanks to all who supported the day, I hope you had a great day out.

Extra thanks to those who did some marshalling when asked.

For the first time in about five years, I found the time to do more than one lap.

post-296-1210445912_thumb.jpg

Guest Steve Allen

Many thanks to all involved for a great day, I'm just glad i didn't beat John and have had to stand in the middle for the picture, he looks just like a Gremlin with big ears sticking out either side of his head, :D :D :D

John, you forget the "Bad Head excuse" certainly this was the case for me

Once again thanks, especially to John, Tim and Sue.

Guest old_timbo

Brilliant Day thanks from all my posse. Can't wait for the next one. Need a master plan to speed up by 8-9 secs :rolleyes: . Chris recons his Mini is the car for the track and he will conquer all once he has got his Megasquirt sorted (driver excuse no. 25) :D

Wanted to chat to more folk but a lunch break repair soaked up the time. (Three cam follower studs came loose, thought I had trashed the cam, but all OK) (Driver excuse no. 26)

Tim

Guest MiniSuzuki

That is a valid excuses though...i could only use three quarters throttle and only 5500 of 7600 rpm...so i didn't do a timed run. o also the tyres didn't come on till the last corner... obviously... and the tracking was totally wrong. So obviously i would have been faster than all the bike engines cars...FWD all the way! :p

Thanks to all the friendly people i talked, was far more welcoming than the mini scene recently and thanks to who ever it was that gave me pointers on the megasquirt issues, as i've managed to figure out my errors now.

Be afraid... i'll be back with more power, more revs and better tyres ;)

see you all in August

Chris

Guest docter fox
o also the tyres didn't come on till the last corner...

That's funny as I saw you go a lil bit too straight on there in the first few laps :p

I had a great time just watching and thanks to all those that gave me a few laps round, very enjoyable and good to be back in something a bit more raw than the mg, what's the date for the august barkston?

Hi gents, To those who organised the day on Saturday I'd just like to say a big thank you.

As a trackday newbie I really enjoyed myself and despite the breakdown before I even got off the airfield I had a great day.

Thanks to the guys who offered and gave assistance getting me outside the gate, I convinced the breakdown guy I was there to watch the model airplanes (honest)

The breakdown was not too major, killed my battery with a dead short which actually explains why I had a major loss of power each time I went through the fist chicane on the timed laps so perhaps we can add that to the list of excuses, I'm sure I dropped 5 seconds at that chicane.

Anyway I have posted a few pictures at the address below, hopefully the link will work if not then try cutting & pasting

http://groups.msn.com/RHOCARBarkstone/shoebox.msnw

Thanks again for a great day, I can't wait until August.

Tom Hayden

Barkstone pics

Brilliant!!!

Thanks to everyone (but esp. Tim & John) for organising the circuit, the missing burger van (that helped lose weight & cut lap times by at least 2 seconds!!), the sunshine, the crack (Irish variety, not London's) and a list of new excuses to try at the next event.

As always, great to put some faces to the names.

Bob

PS I must have been quick, I'm all blurry in Stephen's pic... :D

Guest chris brown

Thanks to Bob (that Vauxhall is quick) Stephen and Joey (interesting being in a Metro on two wheels) for putting up with me as passenger I had a great time even doing the marshalling at the first chicane in the afternoon. Thanks Jon and Tim for the org

Guest docter fox

just uploaded Barkston pics - part one Got a few more which I'll upload in a bit and post the second link

If anyone wants the originals then just let me know, think I should have a pic of most people, sorry if I seem to have missed anyone out...