Scam

Guest timswait

Guest timswait

I came across a link to this site: Run your car on water. I thought it was a joke so I clicked on it, but it actually turned out to be serious! :unsure: Does anyone fool for these things? I've done a google search and there's plenty of similar sites offering "to convert your car into a water burning hybrid" (lucky someone found out that water burns, better be careful about smoking near the seaside in future), so I guess the answer is probably yes :( Apparently they use the car's battery to electrolyse the water to make hydrogen to burn in the engine. Must have been asleep in the physics class about the 1st law of thermodynamics. I despair sometimes.

Guest MickyD

Theres even auctions on Ebay for documentation and devices!

I wish it was true.

Fuel prices are starting to take the fun out of driving. :cray:

Hope someone has hard evidence of these systems working. :unknw:

it true mine arrives soon, ive also got 10% of $10 million US on the way as this guy in africa emailed me as his dad owned a dimond mine which was taken in a coup but he stashed a load of money and all i have to do is pay a transfer fee and give him my bank account details ;)

Guest timswait

The thing is that gas axe thing on the youtube may actually be useful. Electrolyse water to make hydrogen and then burn it to use in place of oxy-acetylene. But it's powered by ELECTRICITY, not by water.

Guest shaggy

A guy about 30 years or so ago did develop a prototype of a car converted to run on hydrogen extracted from water, but the oil companies bought out his patent to keep it under wraps.

I believe her was offered in excess of £1Billion

Si

A guy about 30 years or so ago did develop a prototype of a car converted to run on hydrogen extracted from water, but the oil companies bought out his patent to keep it under wraps.

Si

I wonder if this was the same person who was featured on Tomorows World many moons ago , with a quote that this engine would run on anything from Peanut bitter to water by adding a tablet of some stuff he had invented ?

All referances to this engine seem to have disapeared , funny that ! gone the same way as the everlasting light bulb and the never laddering stocking .

Mike

Guest SEgan

Si

Pure conspiracy rubbish, if you are talking about Stanley Meyer he was discredited in court. These scams are clever in the way they mix up real research with the wrong applications, to make them sound plausible.

The only other name that springs to mind when talking about mysteriously powered cars is Tesla, now he was very interesting, where would we be without the spark plug?

Mythbusters did an episode where they built a few of these miracle things to run a car on all-sorts of stuff. The "run your car on water" stuff had fairly predictable results. They did have surprisingly good results from simply sticking the tube from a hydrogen canister at the mouth of the carb and turning on the gas supply - that is until it backfired through the carb and the bloke holding the pipe nearly needed a change of underwear.

Iain

it true mine arrives soon, ive also got 10% of $10 million US on the way as this guy in africa emailed me as his dad owned a dimond mine which was taken in a coup but he stashed a load of money and all i have to do is pay a transfer fee and give him my bank account details ;)

Well I won $250,000,000 in the Canadian national lottery, all I had to do was contact a Chinese guy with a email address from France and an address in Italy to collect it!

Guest TerryBarry
Well I won $250,000,000 in the Canadian national lottery, all I had to do was contact a Chinese guy with a email address from France and an address in Italy to collect it!

And when can I start the begging letters ??????????????????????????

And we're all on for a £0.25 million from Readers Digest, if you believe what falls through the letterbox :D :D