About Time

Snapperpaul

Guest timswait

Where did that note come from Chris? Wasn't aware you even needed one at all for road use, it sounds like the regs required for motorsport. I very much doubt the RH one is CDS, I suspect the ovalisation on the bends is too much also. Caterhams always seem to use inch and a half for their road car roll hoops, which is what Paul's looks like, I wouldn't have thought it would be a problem.

Where abouts did you get your indicator/wiper/light stalks from

ebay purchase, modified Sierra without washer push.

In your pics it looks like you have the older roll over bar. Is this okay for sva? i hope i'm wrong but i thought it had to be of thicker diameter.

Yep its the older roll bar but i do not have the seatbelts mounted to it.

I have had a thicker bar welded across at the correct seat belt hight and loop the belts over that, the seat belt mounting bar is also double braced to the roll bar i also had anti crush tubes welded in so i could bolt the roll bar to the chassis + the exhaust U clamps provided by Robin Hood, plates also under the bottom of the tubes to stop the roll bar pushing through.

I am aware of the possible issues but will only modify further or have a new one made if i get a fail.

Has the panel in the passenger footwell got the correct padding and radiuses? Not all internals are exempt!!

Good point Graham, i have padded the panel and will carry some edge trim.

Guest chris brown
Where did that note come from Chris?

It's in the draft SVA manual dated March 2004 so there may be some additions or changes by now but most if not all is still valid. If you want a copy Tim mail me your email address and I will send you it. That goes for anyone wanting a copy.