Royal Centre Nottingham

Peter Bell

Can any locals offer some advice? I have to get to the Royal Centre in Nottingham for about 10:00 this Friday 18th. We will be coming up from the south, probably through West Bridgeford way, what would be the best way of getting in to the centre? is there a Park and ride we could use, or a suitable car park that would have spaces, and catch the tram etc.

Thanks Peter

hello Peter,

there are a couple of Park and rides, but if you are coming through west bridgford the best bet is probably to park up there and get the bus from there straight into town. because 5 or so bus routes drive through it the most you'll have to wait for a bus into town is about 3 minutes.

is it for graduation? if so the car parks in the city may be very busy. There is a euro car park very close to the RC http://www.city-visitor.com/nottingham/carparks.html but as i say that may be a bit hectic.

if you get stuck you can always park in our car park as a visitor and i'll give you a lift in! we're only five mins away (i work at the Uni anyway:-))

also if your heading up from the south you'll be hitting the a453 straight off the m1 which can be very slow into the city at that time. keep one ear out for problems when you get within radio distance of the exit. if it sounds bad, stay on until junction 25 and get off the m1 there, and take the a52 to nottingham. it only adds about 5 minutes to the normal journey and will save time if the a453 is playing up.

give us a shout if you need a lift/parking.

paul

paul

Guest cooperman

Another option would be to continue to J26 of the M1 and come in on the A610 to the Phoenix Park tram terminus then get the tram straight into the Royal Centre.

I have to say I think Swan Jr i on the money with J25 and A52 to the Uni then park there. If you need lifts for more than one carful, I am literally 5 minutes from the Uni campus and also happy to drop you into town on Friday morning

For my 10p worth!

M1 J26 Ok I know its on the other side of town but hang on.

A610 to Nottingham

Over 2 Roundabouts following A610.

Turn Left at the next set of lights. Sign Pheonix Centre and a Tram sign.

Car Park is free and the tram is £1.20 (Return ticket is available)

Into town where ever you want.

http://www.thetram.net/maps/route.asp

I work in the offices in the Pheonix Centre and can get into town and back on the tram in a slightly extended lunch hour.

Many thanks for the replies and very kind offers, what nice people hoodies are! It is for the graduation, but she was at Trent, Paul (so you may change your mind :rolleyes: ) I won't be using the M1 but the A1 and coming in on the A606 or A52, so catching a bus from West Bridgeford seems a good idea.

Peter

Guest sneintonmatt

if your coming to nott trent graduation might be better to park at the forest fields tram park and ride loads of space and free then only a short trip on the tram upto the uni buildings, cos you will need to go to the gown collection point and photo station which are both closer to forest fields then on to the royal centre, got my parents to park there last year when i graduated