Petitions

Guest timswait

Guest timswait

I sometimes doubt whether these online petitions ever get read and whether they're not just a convenient way to make people feel like they're being listened to while the government carries on it's own sweet way regardless, but these two seem good, especially with the current daft proposals (not a typo ;) ) for retrospective tax increases and paying people to scrap older cars :o !

Petition 1

Petition 2

Guest erichetherington

Done, the idea that scrapping older vehicles is good for the environment defeats me. My tintop car was built in 1996 sure it uses fuel but its next major contribution to CO2 will be when it's scrapped (over my dead body!)

But the Green lobby are completely hoodwinked by the car manufacturers wanting to sell more cars.

Rant over.

Guest salty_monk

Yes, pretty stupid.... much more green to keep an old car running although slightly worse for localised smog as the production of the new car is not done at your locale.....

I signed up :)

Dan :)

Asteroid "Apophis" (Evil Egyptian God) first prediction Earth strike would be April 13 2029 (sorry I said 2025 from memory in ealier post) but after re-calculation this date changed to a near miss event (just brushing the outer atmosphere) It crosses earth path again on Easter Sunday 2036 when a strike is a slender possibility---- so enjoy while you can.

Guest Jabberwocky

I do 300 miles a week so I think I would rather they speard the money out over all the motorists. However I do think that it should be paid by people that use the road more. However, would that mean that all food would go up as it is driven in by lorry?