Wednesday Rant.

Longboarder

1. Had to take the golf in for a new exhaust at lunch time. The exhaust has rusted round the entry point of the pipe into the rear silencer. Fine. Needs a new rear silencer. However it has two boxes and the system is all in one. Never mind, they can often fit a half system. Could they? Computer says no! All or nothing. £175 and that's after I got 15% off by crying like a girl.

2. Would take an hour and a half as the system had to come from the store. So I decided to have a bite to eat. 15mins walk and the first eatery I come to is the local Subway for a 'Sub of the day' and a coke like I've seen on the telly. I should just have tried the bins or chewed a lamp post. I haven't tried to eat anything so disgusting since discovering a pot noodle has no contents in it that could possibly be described as edible.

3. On to buy a new phone. Visited half a dozen phone shops in Plymouth. I wanted a cheap unlocked Nokia phone that has the sole function of being a mobile phone for making phone calls. Simple? Virtually thrown out of the O2 shop as by that time I was beginning to gibber manically. I eventually was offered a suitable phone priced at £9.95 in Phones4U.

But you can't keep your old number and it's locked to Orange.

Will it take my current Orange sim?

Yes but you have to have a new sim.

Can I just buy for cash without the sim?

No!

OK, I'll have a new sim but you're sure I can put my old sim in there and keep my old number?

Yes.

Fine, no problem, I'll buy it.

You have to have £20 credit on the sim if you pay with cash or £10 credit if you pay by card.

But I'm going to throw the sim away and I want to pay cash. Why do I have to have double the credit for cash?

Don't know sir. (Not that orange want your credit card number or anything.)

OK I'll pay by credit card then.

But I'm already part way through doing a cash sale on the computer as you asked.

But that was before you told me about the credit card/cash scam.

She sighed, rolled her eyes to the heavens and said she would have to cancel the sale and start a new credit card sale.

Time was marching on and I was defeated. I paid my £30 and sat through the paperwork. Of course I have all day to give you my date of birth, home phone number and inside leg measurement. Then it was time to discuss animals. Am I a camel, a dolphin, a canary or a bl**dy racoon sort of person. I was a rapidly leaving sort of person thank you.

Back at Kwik Fit all was ready, thank the Lord, and it was out into the traffic to sit and fume.

The world has moved on and I've been left behind with the dinosaurs.

Nigel

AKA Victor Meldrew

Never mind, trackday at Colerne on Monday, just in time for the rain to return, probably!

Guest Ramraider

Glad to see I'm not the only one that had a really bad day....I have to say though it was not due to other people...Boot lid fell on me and sliced a piece off the top of my nose...blood everywhere, looked like I had been a few rounds...Bit later on got my arm stuck in the front scuttle of a Toyota whilst sorting the wiper linkage out, eventually got it free less some skin on my forearm...Little bit later knocked myself to the floor by hitting my head on an MG rear diff....oh how I laughed whilst picking myself up off the floor...

Not one of my better days I have to say...Probably severe lack of sleep...

Oh well... :rolleyes:

Guest salty_monk

My Peugeot 306D had an exhaust like that... sent the missus to have it done after getting the quote, they welded a new bit on & charged her £30... nice! Exhaust has had a 5* tilt on it ever since though!

You want to try the red tape over here... :lol:

:D

Sorry Nigel, but i completely disagree!, unfortunately i think your wrong on this one :o

The world has moved on and I've been left behind with the dinosaurs.

Nigel

AKA Victor Meldrew

I hate to say it , but i think you'll find you have merely stood still whilst the world has taken two steps backwards :(

can you send me an application form for the dino club, i think my membership is looming ;)

cheers

ek B)