Flora London Marathon 2009

enforcer

Well I've finally gone and done it. I'm going to be 40 in March so I thought I'd mark the occasion by doing something I could be proud of. ^_^

flm_logo_2009.gif hd_logo.jpg

On Sunday 26th April 2009 I'm going to run my first (and probably last) London Marathon and I'm aiming to raise at least £1700 for Hearing Dogs For The Deaf. Right now I need sponsors!! And knowing what a generous bunch you lot are I thought I'd make RHOCAR my first port of call. PLEASE PLEASE sponsor me - think of it as investing in my pain :crazy: whilst helping towards doing something really special for a profoundly deaf person.

You can follow my progress and training on my official London Marathon Blog here: Enforcer's Marathon Blog

If you can sponsor me please click on my Justgiving site: Enforcer's Fundraising Site

Please sponsor me if you can - you'll be making a real difference to a deaf person! :friends:

A big, big thank you! :good:

Rich

Guest Dee Jay
Well I've finally gone and done it. I'm going to be 40 in March so I thought I'd mark the occasion by doing something I could be proud of. ^_^

On Sunday 26th April 2009 I'm going to run my first (and probably last) London Marathon and I'm aiming to raise at least £1700 for Hearing Dogs For The Deaf. Right now I need sponsors!! And knowing what a generous bunch you lot are I thought I'd make RHOCAR my first port of call. PLEASE PLEASE sponsor me - think of it as investing in my pain :crazy: whilst helping towards doing something really special for a profoundly deaf person.

You can follow my progress and training on my official London Marathon Blog here:Enforcer's London Marathon Blog

If you can sponsor me please click on my Justgiving site: Enforcer's Fundraising Site

Please sponsor me if you can - you'll be making a real difference to a deaf person! :friends:

Well done, wish I could still run but my knees are shot now, hope training and stuff goe's well.

Dave

Rich

The misses is the IT Network Manager at the Royal School for Deaf Children in Margate, itself a charity, so this cause is quite close to us.

We know quite a few deaf people and understand how these dogs really do change lives for the better.

Duly sponsored, good luck Richard.

Al

Guest Dee Jay

You can follow my progress and training on my official London Marathon Blog here:Enforcer's London Marathon Blog

Rich

I hope the training is going as well as the sponsorship mate! over half way!

Regards

Dave

• 3 months later...

well done rich

i hope you do it in a good time . will you need a passport to come this far south ?

if you need anywhere to stay during the we/end let me know .30 miles from london .

graham

ps no handcuffs please !

Thanks guys! I have 22 Hoodie sponsors who have contributed £300 in total!!!! Fantastic! :yahoo:

The training's still going well and I have now completed over 470 miles of road-running since November - just starting my second pair of shoes since the last ones are worn out, and only 4 months old!! Tomorrow morning's run is a mere 18 miles :D

I've got a well deserved weekend break starting Friday at Centreparcs in Longleat, for my 40th birthday :cray: (although i'll have to do a 20 mile run on the saturday morning). I'm just a bit concerned about this as the kids have booked a badminton court at lunchtime and a 2 hour cycle treasure hunt in the afternoon. Oh and some swimming!

On Sunday 15th March I'm running the Silverstone Half Marathon (three laps of the F1 track and a bit of infield - can't wait for that!!) Then it's the Ironbridge Half Marathon the following Sunday. I think the link to my training blog no longer works so here is the new link if you want to see how I'm getting on:

http://www.realbuzz.com/blogs/u/Clouseau/l...n-starts-here0/

The support from the club has been amazing - please join the 22 if you can spare a bit of cash for a very worthwhile cause:

My Justgiving Site

Thanks again everyone - Graham, I have sent you an email ;) Thanks for the accomodation offer, but we have booked into a Travelodge not far from the start.

I hope to be showing off my medal at Stoneleigh - assuming I can walk again by then! ^_^

Rich