Top Speed?

Guest yokel

Hi all,

Reading the SVA application, Q; top speed, can anyone give me the gear ratios for a type 9 box from a XR4i? found a site that will do the sums, just need the ratio's, thanks in advance.

Tony

• 3 weeks later...

many thanks for the assistance re the queen,s english .

as said earlier i am very thick and grammer is not one of my strong points .

but many for the assistance.

graham

robin

i will be looking for you at detling ?

110 as long as the tyres are rated to that will be fine

Guest markhorton
just put 110, but make sure the tyres are compatable with that speed, thats all its for, they just check the speed rating of the tyre against your stated speed.

HTH

Mitch

I applied for my SVA and had a letter back stating that I had not supplied enough info for them to process it. They required build photos, receipts and a declaration that I had used all the major parts from my donor. In the application I supplied my RH Invoice and receipt for the donor. I completed all their forms including the amateur build declaration as instructed by their office. I then emailed the extra documents that they wanted and had a phonecall this morning from a technician questioning some details. He wanted the max power of the engine to read 5500rpm (I have a 2L pinto, standard carbs) and he wanted the top speed to read 118mph as this is what the sierra would do when new. I explained to him that the car would be 20 years old by now and probably wouldn't even manage that but he said if I wanted him to approve my application I would have to alter my original top speed of 100mph to at least 115mph. He said that they had slowly upped all the RH figures over the years to a more realistic figure. I hope this isn't the sign of things to come while on the SVA road?