Sorry To Panic Everyone One But ....

Guest ACE

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest salty_monk

Oh, that's not good news for some... :(

Will mean the value of existing registered builds will prob go up though so next spring would be the time to sell for anyone looking to do that! :)

Part builts might start appearing cheaper too for anyone willing to take the BIVA on.

DON'T PANIC.

It's not that much different and has been covered in Complete Kit Car and Which Kit so get some back issues and

DON'T PANIC.

Matt your not screwed, if i can get a Series 3 through so can you

only "headrests, reverse gear, reverse lights(?), horn, three mirrors"

ABS is not required at this time for kits and small volume builds

above all DON'T PANIC

The Which Kit article was quite comprehensive and as i read it is realy only an evolution of the original SVA

Reading the ACE web site I now understand a bit more about there slant on the SVA BIVA issues, they are concerned that a lot of the modifying that they do without any VOSA DVLA involvement to there road cars will change and they could run foul of the new regs. We have different concerns and are probably way ahead of them in our understanding of the SVA procedures

DONT PANIC

as far as i can see there are a couple of extras to do .

as said reverse gear type 9 has that ,

head rests

most seats have them

horn

yes not a prob

reverse lights

type 9 has the switch

mirrors

they are needed to see to the rear so not a prob .

£540 now that could be a prob?

Guest osteve123

£540 now that could be a prob?

This is the real problem!

To miss out on the current cost just by a month or so seems to be unfair......Got my left leg strapped up just as i was going to start re-building my S7!!! Today i made up a list of the jobs left.....a fiar amount, although I think its possible. Its just the paperwork side I fear will take the time, especially with Christmas, New Year & others like myself rushing to get the initial SVA test in before the end of Feb!!!!....Who's to say their will be many vacant days left?

Steve

Guest TerryBarry
I'm screwed

You and me both Mat

Knowing my rate of progress, I need to wonder what they have up their sleeves for the distant future :wacko:

Now where did I put my piggy bank :D

Guest boggybogstar

always a pessimist, if (and only if), I managed to secure a date in February (assuming I get my finger out!), but it fails under SVA rules - the retest will probably have to wait until April if they are closed in March - would the retest be based on SVA or BIVA rules and I assume it wont be the current standard retest price