Seat Belt Fixing

Guest sparks

Hi everyone,

At the weekend I finally managed to provisional fix the seats, I think they are out of a vectra.

I put the seat belts in place and was wondering if it is still ok to use the mounting on the seat rather than making up some brackets and attaching these to the floor/chassis.

Kit is 2b plus.

Thanks

Mark

Hi,

The seats have a ladder type frame welded to there base with holes drilled in, into which I have welded bolts.

I have then drilled holes in the floor to take these bolts and then I have fastened two 100mm wide 3mm thick plate under the floor to pick up as many of the bolts as possible.

These will all have nylocs on.

Mark

as long as you can prove or at least clearly show that the floor pan will easily take the load in the event of an accident then you will be fine. I guess you will have to go quite overboard to show the SVA man that there is no doubt that its not strong enough as it will be a visual thing as you wont be able to test it. If you can i'd try and get the back of the seat bolted to the handbrake angle as this goes across under the entire floor and their is little to not chance of pulling that through the floor and its the usual place for attaching the seatbelt mounts. Perhaps even add an extra bar at the front on the seats underneith as well. hth

Mark,

there good enough for Vauxhall then they should be good enough for RH, mine are there and they passed SVA, used the bolts suppiled with the belts (not sure size but there a fine thread) with locktight, and photograph them for SVA

HTH

Mitch,

carbs should be here tomorrow by the way will drop them off if he does,

• 3 weeks later...

Quick question on seat belt mountings for SVA purposes.

I saw on the RHOCAR home page that someone has angle ground off the tubular belt mountings from the chassis and drilled through the square cross member instead.

This obviously cleans up the boot are and allows you to position the mounts exactly where you need them for the seats.

Is this OK for SVA purposes if you sleave the holes?

Guest Ian & Carole
Quick question on seat belt mountings for SVA purposes.

I saw on the RHOCAR home page that someone has angle ground off the tubular belt mountings from the chassis and drilled through the square cross member instead.

This obviously cleans up the boot are and allows you to position the mounts exactly where you need them for the seats.

Is this OK for SVA purposes if you sleave the holes?

Larry

Our car failed on the tube being welded to the back of the chassis box section.

I had to grind them off and re-fit into the box section.

Larry

Our car failed on the tube being welded to the back of the chassis box section.

I had to grind them off and re-fit into the box section.

AHHH!!!!!!

<runs outside waving angle grinder around his head>

Why not fit them in the bloody box section in the first place?

:D

Actually, thinking about it, does it need to be sleeved or just bolted through the box section?

Guest Ian & Carole
AHHH!!!!!!

<runs outside waving angle grinder around his head>

Why not fit them in the bloody box section in the first place?

:D

Actually, thinking about it, does it need to be sleeved or just bolted through the box section?

I actually ground the tubes off and fitted them into the box welding top and bottom.

lincolnhotelweddingfayre017.jpg

HTHs