Leicestershire And Surrounding Areas

philshelton

www.transportmuseum.co.uk

Hi

Trip to and meet up with Herts/essex Rhocar Sg7s at lower Stondon Transport Museum it boasts the largest private collection of vehicles in England.

the Museum is located Station Road, Lower Stondon, Henlow, Beds. SG16 6JNa About 75 miles south of Leicester, it's £6 admission well worth it and there's a nice cafe.

we are meeting up at services on the A6 just outside market harborough LE16 7TG ( Mcdonalds and premier inn) at 8.30am to leave by 9.00am about 1 hour 30 min drive down to museum. look forward to seeing you all welcome hoods and tin tops.

please let me know if you are coming will send you pm with contact number.

cheers

Phil Shelton

Sorry can't join you :cray:

Hood is SORN at the moment.

Up to my neck in grout and promised SWMBO it will be finished this weekend :shok:

Need some garage time to sort the hood ready for MOT and another sunny hot summer! :crazy:

Have a cracking day out, enjoy. :good:

Guest duncjuno
If its not tipping it down i`ll go, how about you Gaz and the West Mids lot?

Derby and Notts?

Like Andi, I'll be there (in the hood) so long as the weather holds out for Sunday. Will be wrapping up in warm clothes though - Looking forward to it.

DIDJA

• 2 weeks later...

Providing there is no snow over night tonight I am still Planning on going just want to know who else is coming remember you can always come in tin top I plan on being in the hood though :D :D . please let me know asap if you plan to come

Cheers

phil

Guest duncjuno

Providing there is no snow over night tonight I am still Planning on going just want to know how woh else is coming remember yuo can always come in tin top I plan on being in the hood though :D :D . please let me know asap if you plan to come

Cheers

phil

Hi Phil, It looks as though the weather is conspiring against us - there is still a lot of snow/ice hanging around here and -7 degrees tonight. :mellow: So I think I am going to wimp out this time and join the next run out. :D

Cheers, DIDJA

Guest Larson250

Sorry Phil I can't make it as someone dislocated my thumb at work last night.

I spent about 2 1/2 hrs down the Royal and now it is strapped up so I can't drive.

Dean

Museum has called rusty and said car park is under snow would we like to move it to next week 15th Feb so come on lets get a few of us down there hoods, tin tops, motorbikes, pushbikes, rollerskates. Come on guys it might rain all summer again.

cheres all

phil

Museum has called rusty and said car park is under snow would we like to move it to next week 15th Feb so come on lets get a few of us down there hoods, tin tops, motorbikes, pushbikes, rollerskates. Come on guys it might rain all summer again.

cheres all

phil

Sorry mate, Im destined not to go, I will be on this train

http://www.visitnorway.com/en/Articles/The...s/Guided-tours/

That is unless their snow on tracks is the same as ours LOL

Guest duncjuno

What's the latest on the Stondon Transport Museum run out for Sunday the 15th - are the Leicestershire Area still meeting up near to Market Harborough in the morning? DIDJA

Cheers, Duncan

Hi Duncan

Yep all on for sunday as long as things dont turn white again. Could ant one whos coming let me know so dont leave without you if you could let me know by sat night that would be great.

cheers

Phil

Hi Duncan

Yep all on for sunday as long as things dont turn white again. Could ant one whos coming let me know so dont leave without you if you could let me know by sat night that would be great.

cheers

Phil

Hi Phil

Paul C and I (northants) are interested in joining the outing. :D

Are you coming down the A6? , any chance of meeting along the way?

How about the junction with the A45, there is a car park near the roundabout.

Any idea on time??

Sean

car%20park.jpg

Just had a look at the Map, about 9:30?

We will make sure we are there in plenty of time so you are not kept waiting.

Edited by SEgan

Hi Phil

Paul C and I (northants) are interested in joining the outing. :D

Are you coming down the A6? , any chance of meeting along the way?

How about the junction with the A45, there is a car park near the roundabout.

Any idea on time??

Sean

car%20park.jpg

Just had a look at the Map, about 9:30?

We will make sure we are there in plenty of time so you are not kept waiting.

the more the merryer will be taking the A6 all the way down so will see you then

cheers Phil