Amateur Build Status

Tazzzzman1

Guest osteve123
Baxter and Spencer are in lots of the pictures we have so no problems for us then!!! :huh:

Ha Ha

Cheered me up no end!!!!

I need a few finishing touches, are they available for hire?lol

Steve

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D Thats it now, every bit of info that I could muster!

Thank god the previous builder was understanding as he has even typed a letter to clarify the Initial build status.

VOSA won't be happy as I have probably just killed their email server with the 11Mb (on 3 seperate emails....) of photo's and supporting evidence. If this does not do it then I am at a total loss as to how to get them to agree to amateur build status.

Fingers crossed!!! ;)

I'm determined to get my SVA application approved before 28th Feb and pay the new extortionate fees.

I'll keep you posted.

Cheers

Terry

Hi.

I`m a newbie here,currently driving a westy zetec.

I`m giving "wax on"a little hand with his 2b.

I hope the phone call to vosa goes well tomorrow else calow kit car club will have to disband!!!

Wish us luck!

Regards

Lee.

Guest Ian & Carole
Hi.

I`m a newbie here,currently driving a westy zetec.

I`m giving "wax on"a little hand with his 2b.

I hope the phone call to vosa goes well tomorrow else calow kit car club will have to disband!!!

Wish us luck!

Regards

Lee.

Hi Lee

Welcome to the mad house we call RHOCaR pleased to see your helping a fellow 7 driver.

Join in and enjoy the banter.

Good news every one, just got off the phone with vosa and the nice man on the other end of the phone said " well in normal circumstances we would insist on more documentation but i think a bit of common sense should be used with the cut off for sva applications being so close." sva date on the way should hear from them in about a week . :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Guest osteve123

I've just chased my application this morning. Its still waiting to be looked at, been told to phone back mid week. They commented on how many applications that the've had recently......well i could have told them that months ago!!!

Everything is crossed...

Steve

Guest richardw1984

what happens if i was gifted all parts? very unlikely but surely you would only have to prove that you built it and not purchased anything. Im not looking forward to applying. Anyone fancy a brew and biscuits at mine to help go through things and look at my build?

Thanks

Richard

Guest osteve123

Mainly the interior and a few other "little" jobs that take longer than you think!!!

It should be ready'ish in about 2 weeks if i can spend the time on it. Thats also including time to run around and get the last few parts/bolts that i need. Hoping not to have a too bigger list for the re-test, as i'm sure there will be bits missed (not dangerous) because of the time factor. My main priority is to get the first test under my belt so that there is no come back on having the new test.

Steve

Guest robinj66
what happens if i was gifted all parts? very unlikely but surely you would only have to prove that you built it and not purchased anything. Im not looking forward to applying. Anyone fancy a brew and biscuits at mine to help go through things and look at my build?

Thanks

Richard

They just want to be satisfied that you are not using stolen parts.

You don't need to account for every nut & bolt but rather the main components - steering, brakes, axles, engine, transmission etc.

I'm sure if you look hard enough (ahem!) you'll find those receipts :rolleyes:

Guest combatsapph
how far are you off finishing? my car only just has wheels but im applying. Gonna drag it in to that test centre no matter what!

Be careful though - the examiner could issue a "Refusal to test" if in his opinion the car isn't presented in a manner capable of passing the test. You'll then lose your £190 and have to apply for an IVA (as you wouldn't be going back for a re-test - it'd be a "first" test).

FWIW us chaps over at the WSCC (forgive the intrusion but I like to lurk ;-) are having similar problems recently to you guys. I subscribe to the theory VOSA are trying to delay applications in readiness for the IVA process coming in. Rumour has it they are all off on a 3 week long IVA course 2nd week in March.

Guest richardw1984
Be careful though - the examiner could issue a "Refusal to test" if in his opinion the car isn't presented in a manner capable of passing the test. You'll then lose your £190 and have to apply for an IVA (as you wouldn't be going back for a re-test - it'd be a "first" test).

FWIW us chaps over at the WSCC (forgive the intrusion but I like to lurk ;-) are having similar problems recently to you guys. I subscribe to the theory VOSA are trying to delay applications in readiness for the IVA process coming in. Rumour has it they are all off on a 3 week long IVA course 2nd week in March.

Dont worry mine will look finished but probably wont have all the safety radiuses etc but it will be a driving car with panels on and an interior!