Amateur Build Status

Tazzzzman1

A scan of the Haynes manual would suffice for stating the engine power / speed (they actually want the bit that says 105bhp @ 6000rpm, or whatever)

I photocopied the page from the haynes manual and said it was the middle rating i.e. 85Kw @ 5500 your quote of 6050 is maximum engine revs not the revs that max power is produced at.

They then use 2/3rds of that revs for exhaust noise test, i inserted a db restrictor and achieved 96db but at the cost of very high emmisions

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bobster
Hi Nigel,

I was lucky that I had reciepts and managed to get the previous builder to put pen to paper and write a letter stating he was an amateur as well as signing a few photo's (if you get stuck with photo's pm me, got a few idea's!)

I was lucky and got my test date through this week.

cheers

Terry

NICE ONE JUST SENT MINE BACK OF GOT A LETTER OFF PREVIOUS OWNER STATING HE WAS BUILDING IT FOR HIM SELF AND WHAT HE HAD DONE BUT NO PHOTOS, SO I GOT SOME OFF THE PC HOPE IT IS ENOUGH WHAT DO YOU THINK SIGNED DESPERATE NIGEL

NICE ONE JUST SENT MINE BACK OF GOT A LETTER OFF PREVIOUS OWNER STATING HE WAS BUILDING IT FOR HIM SELF AND WHAT HE HAD DONE BUT NO PHOTOS, SO I GOT SOME OFF THE PC HOPE IT IS ENOUGH WHAT DO YOU THINK SIGNED DESPERATE NIGEL

Keep your fingers crossed!

The letter should swing it. I also resorted to lets say....web resorce for photo assistance. ;)

My test date is fast looming (Next Tuesday).

Hope you get yours through as no much time now. If you have not heard anything from them within 4-5 days call them...

cheers

Terry :D