Need Some Help With Translation ...

Guest Space--ace

Guest Space--ace

Hello again,

I´ve got little probs with Burton Power... I ordered there a few things to slightly mod my Pinto. So all the parts came and when i fitted the Camshaft bearings and measured them they all are to big. So i wrote a few emails to get working replacement, maybe the heavy duty ones by pay the difference on the cost.

But there´s no response... !!! I need them as quick as possible so i can fit all the stuff in my hoody again. Can someone tell me how to write such a letter?? Or is there someone who has good connections to burton ?

Thanks a lot ....

You need to measure the camshaft bearing journals in the posts on the head.

The Front should be 41.987 to 42.013 mm

The Centre 44.607 to 44.633

The Rear should be 44.987 to 45.013

This makes me think that some bearings may need machining to fit.

Then measure the camshaft where the bearings sit this will give you the required bearing outside and inside diameter that you require.

If the standard sized bearings are to big to fit the head, you can get an engineering shop to turn them down.

If the camshaft does not fit the bearing i.e loose then perhaps the camshaft has been turned down for an oversize bearing.

Ford parts departments can usually supply oversized or undersized bearings if they were available when first produced

Guest Space--ace

I measured 2 weeks ago and they all are bigger as written on haynes. But don´t want to pay twice ... I ordered Standard bearing so i think the standard shouldn´t be this to big....

Ford Specifications are (in mm) front 42,035-42,055 Is 42,135

middle 44,655-44,675 Is 44,75

rear 45,035-45,055 Is 45,12

What is your Source ?????

But maybe i should more detailed:

I simply modified the ports and planed a bit. Now want to fit a Kent Fr30 and therefore the bearings.

Now all is arrived and when i fit the bearings sent by burton they seem to be too big. So i want burton to change them .... but they don´t answer to my mails... By the way that is often a problem when germans want to buy in UK .. however.

how about this...

"Dear Sir/Madam,

i recently purchased a set of camshaft bearings from yourselves and found them to be the incorrect size for my engine (2ltr pinto).

I am trying to fit a Kent Fr30 camshaft, does this require a different set of bearings to standard pinto bearings?

the camshaft bearing journals in my engine are -

Front xxxxxxx

Centre xxxxxxxx

Rear xxxxxxx

the ones i have ordered are too big. Could you advise as to the correct bearings and would it be possible to exchange the ones i have bought for the correct size?

Many Thanks

xxx Your name xxxx "

Is this the kind of thing you wanted. You may find that the emails are just not getting there, you could try adding a read-reciept or delivery report to the email. HTH

Guest Space--ace

Sounds great.... So i just have to wait for get my head back from planning. I hadn´t measured the journals...... only when the bearings where fitted.

Thanks a lot ..... understanding is much easier than writing such things ;)

Guest Space--ace

Sounds great.... So i just have to wait for get my head back from planning. I hadn´t measured the journals...... only when the bearings where fitted.

Thanks a lot ..... understanding is much easier than writing such things ;)

Guest Space--ace

Thanks a lot .... but automatic tranlation is really the worst translation you can get. I tried it a few times but the english translation often makes no sence to me.

I think you´re right with the fax machine. Why wasn´t this my idea ? :D

Guest Captain Daz

Gordon

If you still do not get anywhere with Burton Power, let me know and I'll phone them for you to find out what you can do.

Let me know what you have, when you bought it and what you need.

I cannot promise anything but I will help if I can.

Regards

Daren

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Space--ace

Hello Daren,

thanks that. You have PM with details......

Regards Gordon

By the way..... Faxed 3-times without answer......... Mailed many times .......... no answer..............Only one answer from Guy Turner:

Can´t say anything to this prob, we alway use HD....

THAT´S CUSTOMER SERVICE .... :80:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Space--ace

So all is done now..... I´ve phoned 2 times to Burton and now they´ve sent me other ones. Not nice: Have to send the old back on my costs and have to pay shipping for the new. Also they wanted 10 GBP + Tax for Banktransfer which wasn´t used. Payed via MasterCard.

So i have to phone again.... :diablo:

Guest Captain Daz

Gordon

I am glad you have sorted the problem. I am sorry I haven't got back to you. I did try with Burton but they claimed not to know what I was talking about.

It's a shame you've had so much trouble as they are usually a good company to buy from.

Hope you get it completed soon and back on the road.

Best regards

Daren

PS Which Ehringen are you? The north or south of Germany?