Club Expansion

Guest gdc

that would work for the guys with spares tom

did it take long to do ?

steve re the plate

i am going to explore that as for me it would be i think the way to go , when i said like the newark one i didnt mean that size i think a plate would be more permanant looking .

i am having a chat with some one at the moment re this , but deffo the stickers for tin top and vans .

tony

you do have an opinion and you expressed it , and i am realy sorry to see a newly finnished car being put up for sale

after all the hard work ? sleep on it .

regards graham

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MartinP

I am happy to put reasonable sized sticker in the rear window of the tin top.

I would prefer it to be along the llines of the RHOCaR logo (ala post #41) as the tyre cover wont be used and www. will look strange on a Fiesta without a picture.

Martin

Guest Ian & Carole
I am happy to put reasonable sized sticker in the rear window of the tin top.

I would prefer it to be along the llines of the RHOCaR logo (ala post #41) as the tyre cover wont be used and www. will look strange on a Fiesta without a picture.

Martin

My money is still on Mats post #41

I would even put one on the Beauford :D

Guest manglemender

My vote goes to Mats idea (post 41). I Think it would need to be printed on Vinyl though. I could try using my inkjet printer but it uses water based inks and might be a bit of a wash out.

Anyone got some printable vinyl and a dye based inkjet printer?

Nick

How easy is it to do a multi-coloured vinyl sticker? Could anyone do me a Mat-Moo cow for example?

Perfectly do-able. You have to split the colours into seperate files and cut each one seperately. You then need to assemble the thing mucho carefully - that's a lot easier if you can pick one of the colours and use for an overall outline which the others then go on top of (probably the white in the case of your avatar). You've got black lines seperating the colours on that logo which could be done but it's a fraction tricksy laying them onto the overall design accurately as they're a bit fragile/floppy but it does cover the joints nicely if you've managed to leave any gaps.

Iain

Some time since I've bought any vinyl but these were the people I've used in the past. And this is the stuff I've used.

http://dorotape.co.uk/khxc/gbu0-prodshow/L100C0500.html

One of the reasons is that they didn't have a minimum order quantity so I could just buy a metre of this and a metre of that rather than having to buy whole rolls.

On top of the cost of te vinyl you need transfer tape - looks like masking tape but it's less tacky (sort of like the sticky bit of a post-it note). It sticks to the vinyl with more tack than the vinyl sticks to the waxed paper backing so it'll lift it off. Then when you stick the sticker to something it sticks harder than the transfer tape so it comes off leaving the vinyl behind.

Iain

Guest salty_monk

The plate would prob be better for me as I'm not stainless... Mind you not many people see my car at the moment either!

Unless we start making a spare wheel cover with logo on it?

(I suppose I might be able to get those done in China if there's interest. Adding a logo to one you have here is a no go - all adhesives I've seen peel off or crease on that type of vinyl cover.. Maybe GBS would want to sponsor that as it would need to be bought in QTY, free advertising for them from each one??)

I like Mat's idea of using the logo but wrong format for a rollbar.

Dan :)

Guest Kingpin

Looks like there are plenty of good ideas.

I'm not sure how realistic this would be, but as we are throwing ideas out there, how about selling these on the web, or a stand at shows?

Paul

Guest old_timbo

I like Mats design. I would use it on the back of my 2B and in my Tin Top so we might need versions that go behind glass as well as stick-on. I was going to suggest another sticker that said "Robin Hood Owners build for years", but on reflection thats too much of a cliche :rolleyes:

Tim

Guest peter2b2002

I used to make wheel covers like the one on the back of my 2b, when I get myself back in gear and my workshop is kitted out , and my material supplier answers my emails I may be able to make some more, they were in vinyl for 14/15" wheels

peter2b

post-955-1234962733_thumb.jpg