1st Time Pass Glasgow

Guest scotlad

Guest scotlad

Woohoo just passed sva with me robin hood 2B! Very fair test with a bloke called Allan at Bishopbriggs test station. On way home we stopped off at local dvla office on off chance and got the car inspected there and then!! I would have my reg already but the office is snowed under after holiday weekend but should be on road within 3 days. I think i'm going to explode!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Guest sadjagboy

Well done! interested to hear about Glasgow, as I guess that is where I'll be going, but for IVA!!

What office did you go to, the one in Edinburgh? I've always found them pretty helpful when going to change number plates etc...

Guest scotlad

Hi Mr sadjag.

Having been to Newcastle with an MK Indy before, i have to say Glasgow was brilliant!! We got an excellent tester who was extremely helpful and chatty, especially after he'd looked the car over and realised it was well put together. Its not the newest of facilities at B'briggs and is kind of in the middle of nowhere but it was really a good experience. DVLA have been great so far- just waiting on a phone call to go and collect paperwork, though who knows how long that will take..... :rolleyes: :)

Guest scotlad

Thanks for the kind words folks. :good:

Woohoo got reg number today!! I must say the DVLA staff in Scotland seem so much better than the lot down South. After reading tales of waiting for weeks, getting reg 2 days after SVA is fab.

Sadly no plates yet as Halfords wanted £13.69

EACH!!!!!

Aye right i'll go to my local factors and get 2 for a tenner instead of nearly £30

Bloody crooks!

Yaay :D :D :D :D :D :drinks: :good: :good: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Well done :D

Have to agree Glasgow SVA was fine and helpful when I did mine too.

I also had no issues with Edinburgh DVLA - no huge queues - paperwork handed in one day - reg plates the next

Have to organise a wee blat one day B)

Guest turbo

well done on the test mate

yes a blat would be good as i only see about 2 sevens a year up here.

glasgow dvla can be difficult i waited 3 months once,that was the q.

edinburgh twice since and plates same day,great service.