steve in stockport

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Paul

I'm still up for it!!

the roads are fantasic and i've always wanted to head further north to explore

if you could find a distilery of realy good pub with a camp site, it would make a fantasic trip

cheers

C

Guest Paul Morgan

Ok all, new distillery found that is open on saturdays :D , hostel and campsite booked for Friday 11th and saturday 12th of September. PM's sent to all who have shown interest (list below), please confirm by return PM if your a definate.

Me & Ann

Chris27

Sritony

Andy W

Mitch

Steve from Stockport

Ian & Joanne

BAJ25 & Mrs J

Simon

Turbo

Grizzly

Ian & Carol

Redspec

Here are links to the websites.

Alston Hostel Friday Sept 11th http://www.yha.org.uk/find-accommodation/n...ston/index.aspx

£14.95 per person per night

New distillery to visit on the saturday

Glenkinchie Distillery http://www.scotlandwhisky.com/distilleries...nds/Glenkinchie

Campsite

Lothianbridge Caravan Park Saturday Sept 12th http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/reviews.asp?revid=1673

Campsite will cost £16 per tent, a bit expensive but it’s because it’s near Edinburgh.

This is the last chance for anyone else to get their name down as I need to confirm the bookings with the Hostel and campsite next week and send a depsit off (from my own pocket until I collect them from those who are going)

Pease PM me if there is anyone else interested

Well you are going to be in walking distance for me on the Saturday night....

The guy who owns the campsite also has a gararge next door who do all my MOT's ( 2 motorbikes and approx 5 cars ) and any stuff I can't be bothered doing!

The Sun Inn across the road does excellent food but you would need to book - more of a restaurant than a pub these days - but also has great beer. Sun Inn

Or the Justinlees or Laird and Dog are minutes away.

I hope to catch up with you guys somewhere down the borders for a wee run :D

PS Whiskey is Irish - we drink whisky B)

Guest Paul Morgan

Hello Neil,

Will we see you Saturday night then in the sun inn? To get some advice on some good roads for the run back ?

Don't realy drink Whisky or Whiskey, just in it for the roads and ticking Scotland off as another country for the car.

What is the distillery like ?

Paul

Hope to catch up with you guys as you come through customs :D

Well somewhere just over the border..

I usually use the A697 ( Wooler / Coldstream ) road but sometimes stay on the A68, but there are lots of smaller road alternatives. ( forget the A1 )

Lots of great wee roads right on the doorstep of your campsite.

Never been to the distillery so I'll come too ! :rolleyes:

Guest Paul Morgan

Hi Neil,

I plan to use the smaller roads were possible on the run up from Alston. I'll PM the route to you when I have worked it out as well as my moby number then we can arrange to meet up on the way up.

Paul

cold country if i come i supose i will need a sleeping bag hahaha will talk to her indoors in the morrning. see what she has to say as going to stafford the week later will let you now monday sometime :D

• 2 months later...