Pinto Eec Iv Injection Wiring

Guest MalcolmE

Guest MalcolmE

I am trying to 'tidy up' the wiring on a recently acquired Robin Hood sub K with an injected 2 lt pinto engine. I have obviously done something wrong as I can't get it to start. The fuel pump runs continuously which I know is wrong, and there is no spark. The strange thing is that the wiring diagram in the Haynes manual doesn't tally with what I have on the car. The instrument cluster in the manual shows a 16 pin connector and mine only has 12. I have the coil etc wired as per diagram 4 in the 1987 to 1989 section except that there was a switched 12v connected to the green wire on the coil which is not shown on the diagram. When I started out the green wire was connected to coil negative when it seems to me it should go to positive. It worked though! Does anybody have a way of checking the TFI module which is a Motorcraft 86FB-12A297-AA (8M12B) and the EEC IV module which has the following numbers on the label. EFI-VM100 5BCA 85BB-12A650-CA. I am starting to suspect these components.

Guest MalcolmE

Colin Ushers website is very useful but he refers to an 83BB ignition module and mine is an 85BB-12A650-CA. They appear to be different. I wish I knew what the module was supposed to do. He does explain the 12/16 pin anomaly on the instrument cluster though. Thanks for the link.