Flexi Braided Hoses

Guest kleighton

Guest kleighton

Afternoon all,

Does anyone know where I can get some braided flexible brake hoses made up ?

I bought a set of four from Rally Design (I think it was) a while ago now. There were two different sizes, but the longest lengths were still too short to use on the front of my car. I've got a 2B that has had the sliding pillar's cut off and double wishbones fitted. This has increased the track at the front, so I'll need something about 450mm/500mm long to fit correctly. I have some rubber ones fitted at the moment, but I can not fit a locking nut on the end that connects to the copper line, so I am going to have to get some new ones anyway.

As always any replies are much appreciated,

Thanks

Keith

I got mine from Mtec Racing in Tamworth as they're local to me and were dead helpful - paid £15 for the pair as I paid cash, didn't want a reciept and I collected them. They've got an Ebay shop

http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/Mtec-Racing-Services

that sells all the bits but if you give them a ring and tell them what your after e.g. M10 bulkgead fitting one end, M10 fine to suit Ford caliper the other end and the overall length, they should make them up to suit. Think they're normally about £12 each.

Their phone number is 01827 250646

Best way to cut the pipe is with a VERY THIN stainless cutting disc..IIRC 0.7mm thick.

Put it into a V shaped block of wood, then cut through the wood as well.....no nasty sharp wires sticking out, & no mis-shaped pipe.

Blow (or flush) out the pipe afterwards.

Keith

Their a compression fitting with an olive. Just assemble and tighten up with a spanner.

Hardest part is cutting the pipe neatly.

Steve