Air Compressor Set Up

Guest oddsocks

Guest oddsocks

Just wondering how you all got your compressor set up like. Pics would be good.

Mine needs sorting out coz the hose is all over the floor, so im thinking bout puttin it through the ceiling joists. But i wonderin where do you put the filters-close to the compressor or end of the hose then have a separate hose with tools on. What about an oil feeder for the tools or do you just put oil in the tools now and again?

Does the lenght of the hose matter to the performance of the compressor?

Hi

Water drop out fillter as close to the point of use as you can, unless you are using the air tools all the time every day I would say just put a drop of oil into the tool after maybe 5 hours use, depending on type of tool, unless the tool 'spins' it wont need much oil at all.

HTH

Steve

I have "hard wired" my garage with connections in various places in the ceiling (of course there are never exactlly where I want them or the coiled plug in part is never quite long enough!). I can then plug an in line oiler at the connection should I need to use a tool for a long period. The problem with in line oilers is that they then contaminate the extension you are using to the tool (the oilers always break if you use them at the tool itself (or is that just me?)). I have a few air tools that have only ever been oiled daily when used and they are still going strong after many hours of use! As for the length of the run affecting performance, well, the physics says that the longer the run the greater the pressue drop as air is being used but in practice I have only ever noticed it when two 25 metre hoses have been connected together.

I have water filter & pressure regulator (adjuster) straight out of tank, then a T peice with 1 hose to workbench, and I hose to front of garage near door, with a long air line that when connected, will reach ½ way down the drive.

I only put a couple of drops of oil into each tool prior to it's use. As I sometimes use the air for spraying, you don't want any oil in the line for that.

As I understand it the further away the water trap is from the compressor the better as this allows the air to cool and the water to condense and get caught by the trap.

Jan