Iva With Windscreen

Guest andydav

Guest andydav

Hi all

Bit of a newbie on posting questions, but have used the forum over the past 3yrs to build the car (2b plus), now got the chassis number and next step IVA, but have a few doubts about the windscreen

Has anyone successfully passed the IVA with the windscreen attached? Looking for advice on how to cover the supports to obtain the 3mm radius and the issues of the new ECE R43 regulation required to be marked on the glass.

Andy

Guest andydav
Just leave it off for IVA, Its not worth the hassle trying to get a pass with the windscreen on.

Graham

I was considering removing it, but was concerned as the holes are already mounted, and the examiner may not acept this if he considers that it will be fitted later.

Guest robinj66

You can plug the holes with rubber bungs or fit a dome headed bolt through the holes - mine got through the SVA like that and I can't see the IVA being any different in this regard.

Guest andydav
You can plug the holes with rubber bungs or fit a dome headed bolt through the holes - mine got through the SVA like that and I can't see the IVA being any different in this regard.

Looks like window, wipers and other bits back of again. :huh:

Hi

My windscreen passed the IVA fine. I used some rubber trim on the edges like this from wollies.

My windscreen did have an E number on it - which the examiner was happy with.

I went through a couple of showers on my trip to the IVA test, so it was useful having a screen and wipers. Plus if you pass with it on, you'll be on the road straight away after the test (well, DVLA permitting....)

Good luck

Guest andydav
Hi

My windscreen passed the IVA fine. I used some rubber trim on the edges like this from wollies.

My windscreen did have an E number on it - which the examiner was happy with.

I went through a couple of showers on my trip to the IVA test, so it was useful having a screen and wipers. Plus if you pass with it on, you'll be on the road straight away after the test (well, DVLA permitting....)

Good luck

Unfortunately mine only has the BS marking, i have heard there is an amesty for 12 months, but can't find anything in writing, so of course you in the lap of the examiner, and realy don't want to risk it. :mellow:

Andy

• 3 weeks later...
Guest andydav

Thanks All

Screen now off and ready to go. IVA paper work sent today, just got to wait for date. OOOOHHH got butterflies already. 3 yrs of work coming to together, just got to keep fingers crossed. :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...