Kit Car Companys,

Guest mcramsay

Guest mcramsay

is it just me that has problems with Great British Sports Cars or does any one else have them aswell? every time i order something from them something goes wrong. the most recent one being today. i ordered the jenvey kit from them last tuesday, was told i would have it on friday or monday, so friday came and went, monday afternoon i still had nothing so i gave them a ring, was told that my bodies had just arrived to them and they would send them out next day delivery and i would have gotten them tuesday. tuesday afternoon came and still nothing so i gave them another ring and was told that the throttle bodies had not even arrived yet never mind being sent out (which is what i was told on the monday) anyway my throttle bodies turned up today great stuff....finally i have them but alas, theres no sign of the inlet manifold with them. which means the chances of me getting it before the weekend are slim, which means another weekend i cant progress. talk about a kit car build turning into your life...i have phoned GBSC more times chasing kit car parts, than i have called my girlfriend and ive been with her 3 years!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest phil howard
is it just me that has problems with Great British Sports Cars or does any one else have them aswell? every time i order something from them something goes wrong. the most recent one being today. i ordered the jenvey kit from them last tuesday, was told i would have it on friday or monday, so friday came and went, monday afternoon i still had nothing so i gave them a ring, was told that my bodies had just arrived to them and they would send them out next day delivery and i would have gotten them tuesday. tuesday afternoon came and still nothing so i gave them another ring and was told that the throttle bodies had not even arrived yet never mind being sent out (which is what i was told on the monday) anyway my throttle bodies turned up today great stuff....finally i have them but alas, theres no sign of the inlet manifold with them. which means the chances of me getting it before the weekend are slim, which means another weekend i cant progress. talk about a kit car build turning into your life...i have phoned GBSC more times chasing kit car parts, than i have called my girlfriend and ive been with her 3 years!

It character building..........

or you could have just bought a nice MX5..........

Yes I have,

GBS have ...

Sold me zetec engine mounts that were supposed to fit my S7 they are useless - when my Dad phoned them about it he was told that half of the structure in the engine bay needed cutting away. They didn't mention this when we ordered them. :(

My GBS supplied bike carbs were supposed to be roughly jetted for a Pinto, they hadn't been touched.

Cancelled the order for a zetec exhaust manifold as we were told after 3 weeks that they had no idea when they would be able to make it.

The list goes on..

A lot of it is fixable yes, but in my experience GBS will tell you anything to get a sale :rolleyes:

i had a problem with gbs trying to get some alloy wheels tht they say they was going to order for me it took months for them to come but it not there fault all the time it was there suppliers tht messed up.

but to get the answers from them and for them to keep checking up on it u just have to keep pestering them like you would do for any company. :clapping:

matt

Guest smartfazer

You shouldn't have to keep pestering them.

Customer service goes a long way to retaining and gaining customers.

Customers make pay days possible!!! (my saying of the week) but it's true.

Matt, how many companies do you have to keep pestering as much as GBS?

Guest phil howard

To be fair I have always found Ian and Richard very helpful and nice to deal with ....... tough a little shambolic.

I'm sure if you spent the money and invested in a Caterham or Ultima you would get a more professional service......but as they say you get what you pay for.

Phil

I'm sure if you spent the money and invested in a Caterham or Ultima you would get a more professional service......but as they say you get what you pay for.

There may be an element of truth in the more money = better service theory, but selling stuff you can't actually provide or don't even have is an entirely different matter.

The only way GBS would get any of my hard earned is in-person, with the product ready to take away.

Guest phil howard
There may be an element of truth in the more money = better service theory, but selling stuff you can't actually provide or don't even have is an entirely different matter.

The only way GBS would get any of my hard earned is in-person, with the product ready to take away.

I thought you were an agent for GBS in France?

I know what you mean but they have always come up with the goods for me.........so far!!

Guest Larson250

Just to keep it balanced and go what would seem to be against the grain.

I have to say that I have never had a problem, and they have been more than helpful with information and parts.

My opinion for what it's worth.

Dean

Fair point Dean.

We all know that GBSC can sometimes be a little "testing" but as has been mentioned, they are not a "Caterham" but more a cottage industry that has grown. It may be that there is not adequate provision or process in place or the resources to fulfill all requirements in a timely manner. However, to do the job properly would probably make them uncompetitive on price.

I think we need to be realistic as to GBSC capability to deliver everything on time and to correct specifcation. I also believe GBSC should take on the criticism that us customers just want a realistic answer and not have smoke blown up our ass. If it's in stock, get it to us and if it's not, then be honest about when it will be.

Not that I have had trouble with GBS particularly, they have always responded reasonably well to any issues I have had. However, if you pay for a service (the cost has nothing to do with it as they offer the service at that price) you have a right to expect that service to be completed in a timely manner. The least a company should do is communicate any issues they are having with suppliers to you, the customer. Your contract is with GBS, not the company who are supplying them! If when you ordered the kit or part and they tell you it will 6 to 9 months to arrive then that is fair enough but I don't think they have ever done that in all these "poor service" cases have they? Part of the problem may be (and I'm not saying it is) is that when a company can sell all it can make or at least are so busy its seems there is no need to improve the standard of customer care, it's not going to is it? I will add if the company I worked for gave a similar level of service to any of its customers then they would lose the business very quickly.

I think many small engineering type companies are the same. Good at what they do best, which in this case is making Kit cars.

To be good in all areas they will would have to employ people to work in those departments which would increase the cost of the parts etc. Its just a fine line between cost and service.

Jez

Guest Black Eagle

I am trying to import a Zero to Australia and getting a reply out of GBS is like trying to draw water from a stone. Quick, honest answers would make the whole experience a whole lot easier. Communication has got so bad I've got to the point where I am almost regretting doing business with them and laying out my hard earned money. What makes it worse is I am supposed to be becoming their Australian distributor. I have broached this with them several times but it seems to make no difference.. perhaps community pressure for quality customer service is required. Anyways *rant-off*

Cheers

Eddy