Kit Car Companys,

Guest mcramsay

Guest Dan_Beeston
I thought you were an agent for GBS in France?

I know what you mean but they have always come up with the goods for me.........so far!!

Just for clarity, Joel is definately not a French agent for GBS! :)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had problems from the day i ordered the car and every day i,ve ordered bits from them , when ever you order something it is almost allways late wrong or not right.

Eg ordered the car 10thjuly2006 it was in the showroom as a fully built car ready to go. finally got it 9thsept 2 days later they went bust !! told engine was a good one it was knackered gearbox was knackered loom was sh*t etc did they want to know not really

Ordered a bonnet after some wait it was ready went to get it they had not put the efi bulge in, got it started fitting it then found the bend radius were differnt on the sides...there answer bring it back we will rebend it.

Bought a recon 2.1pinto from them turns out to be a .5mm oversize 2.0L

The only thing that ever went right was getting the bike carb manifold!! but there jetting advise was way out as people have found out to there cost.

they are just some of the probs i,ve had and its why i will not buy a zero or any other car they will have to offer in the future

Good customer care is the key to survival in my opinion.

Just my experiance Dan

Guest graham.g
Dan, je vous remercie d'avoir clarifié - mon secret était presque éteint! ;)

Translated for us non French speaking?

Dan, I thank you for clarifying - my secret was almost turned off

(or something like that)

Graham

Guest Dan_Beeston
Dan, je vous remercie d'avoir clarifié - mon secret était presque éteint! ;)

Aucun problème mon petit ami, n'obtiennent maintenant en arrière à votre polissage !

P.s. Je ******* déteste des chiens de garde

:p

Aucun problème mon petit ami, n'obtiennent maintenant en arrière à votre polissage !

P.s. Je ******* déteste des chiens de garde

:p

:D :D :D :D

But you can get into problems with some translations :o

No problem my boyfriend, obtain now back to your polishing! :p :p :p

Steve

Guest phil howard
:D :D :D :D

But you can get into problems with some translations :o

No problem my boyfriend, obtain now back to your polishing! :p :p :p

Steve

We seem to digressing some what here..............

Back on topic.

Ordered some seats and runners from GBS on Friday, but was told that the colour we wanted was not in stock :(

I was then told that they were due in this week and I would have them on Thursday :D

Well THEY CAME TODAY one day early, as ordered, and £5-00 less P&P than I was expecting.

Well chuffed :yahoo: :yahoo:

I feel that if I am going to comment on the bad things about services I recieve, I also have to comment on the good.

Well done GBS (keep it up)

Steve

what we all want is a supplier that does as it promisses.

yes we have it and it will be posted out today .or sorry we dont have it but we will let you know when it will be dispatched .

it ant hard !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but that dont happen , and its a shame , the zero is a great car , its well priced and if you want bits to go with the kit then the same answer should apply , or you are told sorry but these parts are on order and we dont know when we will get them .then thats an answer ,dont make out that its anothers fault .

its not in my opinion any way to run a buisness , sorry to be negative but , if the customer has money to spend then as a company they should take every opertunity to grab that money , but ! dont make false promises . as it is poss the worst kind of public relations .

just a thought or 2 .

graham

merry xmass

Agree with GDC, if you're in a hole supply-wise the last thing you need to be using is a bigger spade. Gbs used a monster spade when supplying our 2B, being an optimist I was beginning to think they were improving; only time & more posts will tell.

yes we have it and it will be posted out today .or sorry we dont have it but we will let you know when it will be dispatched .

it ant hard !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It appears it's not just GBS - I ordered some bits last thursday from one of the main industry parts suppliers, told it would be with me next day, here I am a week later and apparently I now shouldn't expect any delivery till tuesday at the earliest! :( It was a mix up at the supplier in this case, which is fair enough these things happen, but it would be nice to be told, rather than the customer having to do all the chasing up.

Guest mcramsay

well more stuff with GBS, i ordered an alternator kit from them this week, i paid for it to come next day delivery...of course it didnt turn up, so when i called them up they realised their mistake and i did recieve it the next day. how ever the next day when i fitted it, i found the belt supplied in the kit was too short, when i called richard his reply was "oh yeah they probibly just put the wrong belt in the kit" no sorry or i will get another one out to you. but he did say post us the belt back and when we recieve it we will send you another out.... for me thats not good enough, they sold me a complete kit with the wrong bits, surely they should send me a belt out asap. well its not hard to go to halfords and get one (which im doing) but its just the principle of it really. i definatly dont want to slate GBSC as they are nice guys and they make good cars. but then again with the amount of money ive spent with them and the amount of things ive had go wrong that they might take that extra special bit of care. give one customer bad service and he will tell 50 people about it. give him good service and he might tell 5 other people...thats 5 potential customers...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest JonStewart

Actually, under the distance selling regulations (telephone or internet) they should be supplying you with the new belt, and paying for the return of the incorrectly supplied one. You have up to 7 days from receipt (delivery) of the item to cancel the order, and get a complete refund, INCLUDING the carriage. If they have any quibble just report it to Trading Standards.

I hate incompetence. There is no reason why customer service should not be a LOT better, compared with what I have read here and on other sites.

Makes me wonder whether to bother thinking further about building one.

Cheers

Jon