Help Requested ....

Guest Ian Marr

This is starting to get as gripping as that thread a couple of years ago on another forum about a guy on one of the channel islands who discovered a secret nazi bunker in his garden. After millions of hits and hundreds of posts he eventually found .... bugger all! I suspect though that this thread is going to have a much happier ending :good: Keep it up!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ian Marr

Not sure we'll hit the million mark :lol: , but is helping to keep me focused on building a car and not doing jobs around the house, building a hen hut, developing a garden and attending shouts :shok:

Currently grappling with how to fix and support the scuttle (cut from original bonnet) in a way which keeps good shape, supports the bonnet and keeps visable fixings to a tidy minimum.

Fingers crossed for the beast coming to life tomorrow :acute:

Guest Ian Marr

This is a continuation of earlier ramblings ....!!!!

Thur 18th - Me (need to be at work in the morning) (Not much time to get things done today as needed to do a 'big shop' ready for the weekends build-athon)

Fri 19th - Me (& Ian Johnson late afternoon) (Morning spent doing domestic duties and got a little time in workshop before Ian J turned up - managed to finish bracket to stop bonnet and battery clashing and setting workshop on fire. Ian arrived mid-afternoon and after a cup of tea was straight to the workshop for a look at the jobs ahead and then on to the engine - 10 minutes later after a twist of dizzy - whooooho she breaths again - :yahoo: :shok: :yahoo: :shok: :yahoo: :clapping: After best part of 10 years the trusty pinto is back - one happy hoodie - this is the first time the car actually feels like a car and not a collection of car bits - time for a drink :drinks: or two :drinks: :drinks:

Many thanks to Ian J, Mike and Norman for helping get to this momentous day :hi: Looking forward to great weekend)

Sat 20th - Tim Norman, Ian Johnson, Mike Bacon & Me (real good day today :good: . Tim landed at 8.30am frozen solid having driven for 120 miles at -16degrees (with chill factor ;) ) and after bacon and banjo butties Ian, Tim and I braved a cool workshop. We set on with sorting out the silencer mounting, front brake pipes and started rebuilding the front end. Just before lunch we also started the engine (first time :good: ) and got the timing set up so she is now running as sweet as a nut. :D . After some hearty soup n stuff we returned with a mission - to get the car to the state where we can drive it up the lane and back by tomorrow :shok: . Mike Bacon returned for a third visit and we have now got all 4 wheels back on and tomorrow will see us get brake fluid in, system bled, gearbox and diff fluid levels checked and seat put in - to see the car out of the workshop and moving under it's own power will be a fantastic achievement :yahoo: - roll on tomorrow.)

Sun 21st - Tim Norman, Red7, Redspec, Chris27, Ian Johnson & Me (with a healthy breakfast of Aga pancakes we set on with sorting the breaks - needed to strip down the master cylinder (well done Tim n Ian) - also fill gear box and diff and put the lady on her wheels and off the axle stands. Then moving 'stuff' in barn so had exit route set on with getting the car turned around and primed. A leaking petrol hose changed and we are cooking on gas - now thwarted by a clutch cable issue - washer packing temp solution got us forward gears but no reverse and we set the camera on video and snow or no snow there was no holding me or my damsel back - see video in link below - what a tremendous end to a great couple of weeks :yahoo: .

All that is left to say is many thanks to one and all for the injection of insperation, progress and fun - RHOCaR - best kit car club in the world :hi:

Mon 22nd - Back at work :cray:

I'll update this as we go.

Guest Ian Marr

Updated the running log - latest is just above.

Today has seen another 'step change' and greater things expected tomorrow.

Actually I am hoping for 6+inches of snow so folks get snowed in and we finish the car by the end of next week :spiteful:

Guest Ian Marr

Well folks my 2 weeks leave are over and with significant help from RHOCaR members near and far we have moved from a bolted collection of metal bits to a part built car which can be driven :shok:

Many thanks to one and all

Enjoy the video :hi:

Made Marrian's Maiden Voyage

Still plenty of work to do (including tightening the fan belt ;) ), but we have broke the back.