Merging In Turn

Knock-on

Now, usually I am quite placid on the road and let people in when it's safe to do so but what winds me up is people that don't know what to do at Roadworks where there is a restriction from 2 to 1 lanes. You use both lanes and merge in turn where the restriction is.

Why, oh why, do people:

A ) slam on the brakes and force their way into the remaining lane the second they see the sign?

B ) insist on not using both lanes thereby causing twice as long a tail-back?

C ) refuse to let people in when they are supposed to merge at the roadworks?

It's the last one that gets me. Just because they don't use both lases properly, they think that people are jumping in. Then they get all irate!

Ignorance and hypocrisy. My favourite combination!

(Rant over)

Guest Techmage
Why, oh why, do people:

A ) slam on the brakes and force their way into the remaining lane the second they see the sign?

B ) insist on not using both lanes thereby causing twice as long a tail-back?

Probably has something to do with being English. We just love to queue and we love

moaning even more about those that don't.

It's not realy that strange try riding a motorbike between the lines of queued cars and see

how many try and block you !

Hear Hear IT bloody annoys the living daylights out of me too. some people just don`t know how to drive whats even worse is when you get truck drivers going 2 abreast to stop cars going past to get to the restriction. I will merge at the cones every time more fool the people sitting 2 or 3 miles back in the same lane

Andy

It's the same with bus lanes. The number of people who wont use them when you're allowed to really annoys me. And when you try to pass on the inside (when conditions allow) they either speed up or make gestures towards you.

Baz

Guest The Modfather

Roundabout blockers and lane 2 hogs. Now there's a whole different class of driver....................... I think we should all have flip up matrix signs in the rear of our vehicles and be allowed to express our delight at some peoples driving, or lack of :D

Guest erichetherington

I was driving a largish van through one of our local regular 2 into 1 merges. From my view point I cold see 2 cars in the other lane 1 of which was being towed, no sign hazards or anything to warn anybody. Guy in front of me lets tow car in the moves across as it's his turn BINGO. Car being towed rams him, this shortens tow rope so tow car dragged into other side of his car. BIG argument, left them to it, all equally to blame for not engaging brain in my opinion.

My biggest gripe is bus lanes leading up to a junction with a right only lane, people see the sign for right only ahead and start pulling into the bus lane which has a domino effect as everyone behind does the same. I stay on the outside untill the bus lane ends and nobody lets me back in AAAAAAaaaargh! even the busses have started going up the outside then forcing their way in for the stop at the end of the lane, its rediculous..........breath. :aggressive:

i think the reason so few people actually do the merging in turn thing is that as someone said earlier we're english and its a queue. despite it being the right thing to do on the road i still know it feels wrong morally. one big queue of patient traffic and then a guy comes hurtling down overtaking everyone and getting in right at the front of the queue. it just seems wrong. i accept its the best way to get everyone through the merging, and i know i should do it, but theres something in me that makes me find it really hard.

(ducks)

:D

Guest Techmage
i think the reason so few people actually do the merging in turn thing is that as someone said earlier we're english and its a queue. despite it being the right thing to do on the road i still know it feels wrong morally. one big queue of patient traffic and then a guy comes hurtling down overtaking everyone and getting in right at the front of the queue. it just seems wrong. i accept its the best way to get everyone through the merging, and i know i should do it, but theres something in me that makes me find it really hard.

(ducks)

:D

Oh, Does this mean my feeling's of superiority as I sail past are misplaced then ? :blush: :blush: ;)