Headlights

keith kelly

i am after either some new headlights 5" or 7" or headlight casings (7") as mine are looking a bit tatty

though i would try on here first to see if anyone want to clear their garage before i go and buy some else where.

not fussed if black or chrome just want to tart her up a bit.

i had throught of that but they are chrome, can they still be painted?? if so will give it a go.

I have a pair of 7"bowls and rings. you can have for a tenner + post they were ok when i took them off for the twins will dig them out if you are interested and see what they are like now

I have a pair of 7"bowls and rings. you can have for a tenner + post they were ok when i took them off for the twins will dig them out if you are interested and see what they are like now

great if they are good will have them, i work in notts so can pick them up

many thanks

keith

Guest The Modfather

I just bought new lamps for mine from GBS, but they are slightly different than the normal 7 style, a bit smaller and not so pointed at the rear of the bowl. My original ones are pitted and discoloured quite bad, but if they can be rubbed down and pinted, I might give it a go and spray them matt black.

Can anyone state if they can be repainted over chrome? If they can be painted, and they come out ok, then perhaps my new ones (still in box) might be up for sale Keith, although it probably wont be for a few months before getting around to this job, so if you are in a hurry...................

Daren

Hi, all I did was sand the chrome off with a sanding disc on a drill, prime then paint 3 or 4 coats of colour.

They still look good after 18months or so.

I left the bezels chrome, as they don't look too bad, an seem to polish up ok.

Nick

Bought one of those littlle plastic coating guns for school a couple of years ago at Newark, been getting good results even on fairly manky stuff if cleaned up on the wire wheel, it needs a spray of exhaust paint first which covers minor surface imperfections- could be good for these lamps etc.