2b For Sale

Guest Mik

Hey Guys,

I know this sounds a little ridiculos but I'd love to try and sell my 2B before Thursday.

Basically my new role means I'll be traveling between Australia and here and the first stint is next Thursday and I am moving out of my current place into a smaller flat with no dedicated parking :(

I am prepared to take a hit on the price and will sell for £2,500 if I can move it fast!

I have owned the car since July 2007 and it has been running great without fault. About 3 months ago the clutch gave way. After some help from the guys on the forum it looks like the lugs on the quadrant gave way and needs to be replace. I have bought the part and will attempt to get it fixed, the battery is also flat but all was running well before that! The only other thing that isn't working is the trip clock which I was told could be easily fixed although I do not really know for certain.

The build quality and finish is really good. I bought it off Swan Jr (Paul Yeoman) on this forum who bought it off the builder Petemate (Pete Cherry) who finished the build in 2005 passing sva first time. All the post are still on the forum to check out for any information about the cars history. It has 9,500 miles on the clock and done quite a few trips to France, two by me one of which was in the snow :) No problems with over heating and has a manual fan switch as well as auto.

Some more details:

Robin Hood 2b

2 Litre Pinto Engine

Full Wet weather gear (Excellent fitting roof)

Adjustable seats (I am 6’3” and my girlfriend 5’4”)

Removable waterproof motor bike speakers and mini amp to connect to any standard headphone jack (Positioned on the roll bar behind your head so you can actually hear music on the highways, the sound quality isn't fantastic but it is nice to hear some music while driving)

3 way cigarette adapter to charge phones or GPS’s

Two piece dashboard (comes off with 4 screwed to replace clocks etc really easily)

Pedal box inspection hatch in engine bay

Never over heats, auto fan as well as a manual switch

Capri clocks rather than standard Sierra ones

Adjustable suspension (alter ride height with a spanner)

Mountable shelf that fits over rear tyre (to give that little bit of extra storage, great for camping trips)

Lockable boot

Car History:

Passed SVA first time in finished in 2005 http://community.rhocar.org/index.php?showtopic=8680&hl=

It was built by “Petemate” who sold it on to “Swan Jr” and I bought it in July 2007.

Pete and Swan sold to start a new kit builds and I am selling as I will be moving back to Australia.

For anyone that doesn't know the builder, Pete, is an x Aircraft Engineer. The build quality and finish is very well done which is why I decided to buy this in the first place and really needs to be seen to be appriceated!

I am in Camden Town, North London and work 5 minutes away so should be able to meet people anytime my number is O7717 454 6O6 if you have any questions.

See attached pictures. I can take more specific ones if you like!

post-2559-1267143992_thumb.jpg

post-2559-1267144023_thumb.jpg

post-2559-1267144044_thumb.jpg

post-2559-1267144069_thumb.jpg

post-2559-1267144110_thumb.jpg

Thanks for that.

Worth adding I purchased this for £4k which I feel was a good price for this because it is really well finished and has been very reliable! Since then I have added new seats on rails, the amp, speakers, cigarette chargers and extra luggage area. All the reciepts from the build and since are a box which your welcome to look through. The price now reflects my own stupidiy and procrastination of not doing this sooner not the quality of the vechicle!

Mik

i would love too but have'nt got all that money yet (still saveing up ) i've been thinking all day how i can get the extra cash together

You can get the extra cash together, if you cnvince yourself that you NEED the car, rather than want the car.

Here's a couple of suggestions:-

Beg

borrow

steal

sell your body (or the wifes) on the streets

Send your children down mines or up chimneys............ :o :D

Hi all,

Yes I managed to sell it just before I left for Oz. Pretty sad to see her go :( Hopefully the new owner will look after her!

I have been at the beach all day today and was thinking it would be great to get one over with so much sun. I wonder how much it would cost to get a kit sent over to Australia?

• 3 weeks later...