Car Insurance

Guest oddsocks

Guest oddsocks

Can anyone recommend a good insurance company, got a golf 1.4 gt and my renewal notice came through today and its a rip off what they are trying to charge me.

I use to have a 06 sti subaru and they are quoting me bout the same price??

I did have a claim in 08 but that was on a motorbike-my fault coming off on ice goin round a roundbout and wrote it off.

The thing is my boss told his insurance company for the works van and when i queried it with my company they said yes im suppose to tell them about everything.

But thing is when i look on the net now for car insurance and say i've had an accident it doesnt say bout bike accident it just says partial fault or you hit 3rd party-which i didnt-just me and the curb/pavement.

Any insurance brokers out there?

J

Guest marsbar

Hi can agree that Aviva are hot at moment wife insured a Vectra SRI 04, with a just turned 20 year old son as a named driver fully comp £920!

Start off with a web quote then ring and speak to a sales advisor and get them to put the disclosure in perspective, surely the fact it was a bike and had seperate insurance has to be taken into account.

That's one of the many things that hacks me off about insurance. Accidents or claims count across the board bu no claims only work on one policy at a time - they shouldn't be able to have it both ways.

To be honest I think that since we don't have any option but to buy their product (it being a legal requirement and all) the government should defend us and force them to give us a reasonable deal by capping their profits at a reasonable level.

Iain

Guest gixerboy600
Can anyone recommend a good insurance company, got a golf 1.4 gt and my renewal notice came through today and its a rip off what they are trying to charge me.

I use to have a 06 sti subaru and they are quoting me bout the same price??

I did have a claim in 08 but that was on a motorbike-my fault coming off on ice goin round a roundbout and wrote it off.

The thing is my boss told his insurance company for the works van and when i queried it with my company they said yes im suppose to tell them about everything.

But thing is when i look on the net now for car insurance and say i've had an accident it doesnt say bout bike accident it just says partial fault or you hit 3rd party-which i didnt-just me and the curb/pavement.

Any insurance brokers out there?

J

Hi J,

It doesn't matter what you had an acciedent on / in you have to declare it!! I recently had the same problem where I had been driving compny cars for en years, came to insure a car and premiums were ridiculous!! I tried everywhere and thought I had cracked it with Direct Line (over the phone), ended up getting better deal with Frank Pickles, give them a try but give them a ring, not online!!

Cheers

John

Guest oddsocks
Hi J,

It doesn't matter what you had an acciedent on / in you have to declare it!! I recently had the same problem where I had been driving compny cars for en years, came to insure a car and premiums were ridiculous!! I tried everywhere and thought I had cracked it with Direct Line (over the phone), ended up getting better deal with Frank Pickles, give them a try but give them a ring, not online!!

Cheers

John

Who's frank pickles? Have you got his no and i'll give them a try.

Thanks for the replies think im gonna be spending some time on the phone.

I agree with Iain-insurance can do what they want and we just got to bend over and take it!

Who's frank pickles? Have you got his no and i'll give them a try.

Thanks for the replies think im gonna be spending some time on the phone.

I agree with Iain-insurance can do what they want and we just got to bend over and take it!

His advert is on the community page, driving section of the forum?

HTH

Steve

I've always insured my Hood with Flux, because they were the only company to give me cover 3rd party on other cars.

I'll be trying Frank Pickles this year tho', cos last year they were 40 quid cheeper, and I don't need the 3rd pary cover.

Nick