2b Plus Supplied Filler Cap

megadodo

I have the GBS supplied filler cap which is much bigger than the hole cut in the back panel. How does it fit? Does the rubber bit fit in front or behind the panel, does the hole have to be cut to a funny shape or a bigger round hole. How does the flap lock? GBS have given me a flower shaped hole in a piece of metal "That needs to be bent" did anyone else get one of these?

Not asking much am I? :D

Guest Tim Norman

Standard piece of 2B kit that. However I can't for the life of me remember how to bend it all so it works. I do recall sitting looking at it for ages before the epiphany!

If I were doing it again from scratch I would buy a smaller aero unit from Europa or someone like. and mount it in the boot top ( you have to design and make it !!) , leaving the back with its original hole coverred over.

No more bends and very slow filling..

Graham B

Have mounted the GBS supplied cap in the top panel;yes it needs to be a funny shaped hole; to make it lock a "tab" needs to be welded inside the filler neck; I also took cap apart & drilled a hole for venting; will try to find some pics. if required.The hole in the back panel will be covered by the number plate.

Guest chris brown

I also had the daisy pattern on a piece of steel which had to be cut out of the back panel - I wish I hadn’t - it was so slow to fill that pumps would time out before I could get more than about 16 litres in, so I removed it and fitted an Aston type on the top deck which cured all the problems. The only thing is I now have a patch where the original one was, so my advice is bin the supplied one and obtain a decent one to fit in the top deck. The only disadvantage doing this is if you run with the full hood on then you have to undo one corner to fill up.

Thanks folks, that begins to make sense now! The poor filling problem, I'm led to believe, is due to air not being released from the tank as it fills, I have already fitted a breather into the top of the tank which fits to the top of the assembly that bolts to the back of the filler cap (presumably through the flower shaped hole?). Has anyone gone this route and if so does their tank fill OK? Thanks again.