Another Mot Sailed Through .....

enforcer

You've got to admit that the cars do attract a bit of interest and attention down the MOT centre. They also bring out a different side to the examiners. When I submit my 10 year old Omega Estate for the annual scrutiny you end up feeling that you are doing them a huge disservice, and feel the need to apologise for putting them through such a mundane ordeal. This is inevitably punished with some obscure failure points (usually involving the dreaded emissions machine). <_<

Roll up in the hood and it's a different story. All the mechanics stop what they are doing, go and get a cuppa then watch and nod as the Inspector does his stuff. I pace up and down like an expectant father, trying really hard not to get in the way or appear over-protective. But they love the car. First bit of head scratching is the headlight beam alignment. I've upgraded to Halogen conversions over the winter and these were way off the mark. For the omega this is a £5 per headlight adjustment. The hood?..."can I adjust them for you? Ah, that's better; they were all over the place weren't they? Don't worry about being charged for that". ;)

I was a bit apprehensive about the emissions, having put the new DGMS carb on the manifold and, Oh dear, it's way too rich. "Hang on, let's bring those needles in a bit and have another go (tearing up the score sheet) ..... there we go; that's much better!"

Another MOT, another pass (and at £25 with free headlight and emissions adjustment I'm not arguing with that). :good:

I move towards the driver's seat in the testing bay -

"Oh no, no, no; I'll bring it around the front for you ....."

Happy days! :yahoo:

Guest peter2b2002

when I took mine for it's MOT last year it had the same affect on the guys in the work shop, plus the manager came out to have a look, he told my he had a catering van a few years ago , to my suprise he liked the look of my 2B and was very chatty,then the tester with his mare took my 2B out for a road brake test 15 mins later came back with BIG grins and a pass,

hope the same goes for this years MOT next week

peter2b

So, do you go in uniform and hope they haven't just had a speeding ticket or go in civvies and take buns. Norman, my MOT man likes doughnuts. He also likes to road test the Hood to get the feel of the brake balance. Says it doesn't register accurately on the rollers being so light, etc. I say that's OK and he just drags it up the road 300yds and back. Says he wants to borrow it for the day sometime.

Nigel