Getting All The Camping Gear On The 2b

speedtripledan

Guest Richard W

Solution to that is the stick on numberplates from Halfords..

You might know the ones I mean, they're a big sticker which is reflective, you then write your numberplate on in permanent marker.

I think they're about £4.. and you can stick it on that box strapped to the back! Legal and makes good use of your innovative arrangement!

Typically, can't now find them on the Halfords website, but I've seen them being used recently, so try Ebay or local motor factors!

Edited by Richard W

Guest chris brown
Steering may be a bit light,unless you intend sitting your lady on the bonnet.

No it will be fine with just that small box you want to see the size some people use for the Le Mans trip. :D It looks good

keep heavy items in boot and pack lighter items in box, theres a locost about with a roof top box fitted to brackets on the roll bar, so the box you have is just a shoe box really, lol.

Must admit, first year camping every thing fit in or on the car, every year, i either got bad at packing or took a damn site more lol

Mitch

me too sorry, and that net will rub on the stainless and cause scratchs, better off making a frame for box to sit securely on, away from the rear panel, next pot hole will move it and you will be left dents scratchs

Mitch

the box was bolted on i put 3 rivnuts in the hoop and a sheet of mdf in the bottom of the box only problem was i couldn't get everything into the box and behind the seats so would have had the rucksack anyway but as it all fits in the rucksack i thought ditch the box

I will be making a frame for the next show but time has not allowed this time

Guest The Modfather
you then write your numberplate on in permanent marker.

Legal and makes good use of your innovative arrangement!

Sadly NOT legal!

It cannot be written on with a marker as it doesn't conform, and Halfords, or any shop for that matter, cannot sell the DIY plates anymore as all plates now have to be manufactured properly and only on production of V5 and ID.

You can buy them online, so I've been told........... ;)