Nosecone/wheel Centre Badges

Guest Pete Jordan

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the point is..... err.....

Well I *think* the point is that the club pretty much can't do anything officially without pissing someone off. So if anyone does it privately then there is no problem! Also known as you can never please all the peopl all the time (BTW if anyone wants to use my badges there is a small usage fee)... However I'm pretty sure that the club *would* allow the club car to be used on a badge if permission was asked!

Guest Pete Jordan

Latest Update on the Badge situation:

I went to the Detling Show on Saturday and had a chat with Richard Stewart, who has a very reasonable attitude to the whole thing. As far as he is concerned, as long as we make it clear that these badges are nothing to do with RHSC ie not produced/supplied by them, it is up to us what we do ie we can put "Robin Hood Sportscars" on them. However, I am not prepared to produce a badge with a "7" on it, particularly after seeing the thread on the Caterham Owners' Club website that Jim Stott directed me to. There was talk of Caterham Cars threatening to take action against members of the Caterham Owners Club who referred to any non-Caterham car as a "7"!

While I think this is pathetic, I am not prepared to risk being the target of their over-zealous legal department. I am therefore going to put together some more designs and e-mail them out to those members who have registered an interest with me. Any other members who are interested should send me a PM or e-mail to register their interest. I would also appreciate it if any members who have already expressed an interest but would not want a "sevenless" badge would let me know so I don't bother them with e-mails.

One final point; would the club have any objections to the RHOCaR "car" logo being used in a badge design? If so, who should I talk to to get hold of the original artwork, is it available in different colours etc?

regards

Pete

Guest paul mercer

It's already been discussed and decided that the number '7' cannot be copyrighted. As in Austin 7, BMW 7 series etc. etc.

Permission has also been given by Richard Stewart to use 'Robn Hood Sports Cars'

Surely there is no problem and Caterham are only threatening to sue, but i'm sure would be warned off by their lawyers if they actually thought about trying to.

As another idea, how about a badge similar to the first ones, but with no number in the center.

You could then and then give the option to put your favorite footballers number in the center if you wanted. Ie. David Beckhams no. '7' or Ronaldos no. '7'?

You could even have an application form for the badge purchases with a section labelled, 'favorite footballers no. - to be positioned in center of badge'

What are peoples thoughts on this?

Paul.

post-5-1081441738.jpg

Guest mickmellors

You can contact Peter either by calling the phone number printed inside the front cover of the Mag (dont want it posted here) or e-mail him at

peter@rhocar.org

He most certainly IS a Member - not only that but he is also the Club Secretary and Magazine Editor ! ! !

Guest Battery Bill

Barry

It looks like something the Kids make up out of a christmas gift set from relatives :lol: I honestly don't see what the fuss is all about surely if you want to personalise your car DIY is best then should Mr Cateringvan or anyone else object its no problem to sort it out "Give it back to the young ones" :lol: